This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MeatballPerfection #CollectiveBias
Angus beef meatballs and shell shaped pasta are baked in a rich cheese sauce for an epic flavor mash up. Cheesy Meatball & Shells Casserole is a whole new take on meatballs and pasta, and a dinnertime dream come true.
If you have kids or, if you’re like me, you’re a big kid at heart– chances are that meatballs are a big deal around your house. My kids go absolutely ga-ga for these things.
Hands down, their favorite way to enjoy them is slathered in some sort of pasta sauce and piled high on a heaping helping of pasta. I appreciate a solid plate of spaghetti and meatballs too, on occasion. Some of the sons I think would happily live off of that dish.
Thankfully, we’re not alone in our sincere appreciation for the glorious meatball. Did you know there’s even a day dedicated to it? Seriously, National Meatball Day is a real thing, and it’s coming soon. In a few days soon. March 9th to be specific.
Knowing this I made sure to swing by the frozen food section of my local grocery store on my last grocery run and stock up on a few bags of our favorite brand.
Cooked Perfect Meatballs are crafted using select meats, real cheeses, savory herbs and spices before being flame-broiled to sear, and seal, in the flavor. They make a gorgeous and totally tasty addition to any pasta and sauce dish. But that’s a bit tried and true, isn’t it?
Yes, my kids consider it a food group. Yes, once in awhile I may even agree. But– the meatball, especially Cooked Perfect Meatballs can be so much more. I mean with flavors like Angus Beef, Sweet Italian, and Homestyle– how could they not be??
Keep the meatballs, but let’s skip the spaghetti friends. At least for tonight. Having Cooked Perfect Angus Beef Meatballs on hand in your freezer gives you options any night of the week. Options are important. Who wants to get burned out on dinner? We have to make it and serve it, but we should always be able to look forward to it and savor eating it.
So here’s a savory meal that’s ready on even the tightest of busy weeknight schedules– Cheesy Meatball & Shells Casserole.
Cheesy Meatball & Shells Casserole is everything the name implies– ooey, gooey homemade macaroni and cheese, studded with hearty meatballs, and topped with a crisp, buttery cracker crumble. It’s real, feel-good food.
You feel good because dinner was a breeze. Kids feel good because meatballs + mac and cheese is epic. And nobody’s rushed before bedtime. This my friends, is why National Meatball Day is so important.
Cheesy Meatball & Shells Casserole
For The Casserole
- 2 cups medium shell-shaped pasta uncooked
- 1½ lbs Cooked Perfect Angus Beef Style Meatballs cooked
- 1 cup processed cheese cubed
- ½ sleeve buttery crackers crushed
- 1 tbs butter melted
For The Sauce
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, until al dente. Strain and run under cold water and stir so that the pasta immediately stops cooking.
- Melt the 2 tbs butter in a medium skillet, over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until smooth, and let it cook for a minute to get rid of any flour taste.
- Whisk in the broth a little at a time, and stirring constantly until the evenly combined and smooth. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the roux has thickened. Reduce the heat to low, add the cubed cheese,and cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted; about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the cheese sauce to a large bowl. Stir in the condensed soup until evenly incorporated.
- Add the pasta and meatballs, stirring to evenly incorporate/distribute.
- Lightly spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Transfer the pasta and meatballs into the baking dish, using a spatula to scrape the bowl for any missed sauce.
- Mix the 1 tbs melted butter with the crushed cracker crumbs. Stir well to evenly coat, and sprinkle the buttered crumbs evenly out over the top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-30 minutes, until the casserole is bubbly and the cracker crumbs are golden brown.
- Let it rest for one minute. Top with fresh, chopped parsley, if desired and enjoy.
Head on over to your local grocery store and check out some of the different varieties of Cooked Perfect Meatballs for yourself. They’re waiting right there in the freezer section. Try one, try ’em all– either way you won’t be disappointed.