A perfect, quick & easy weeknight meal, comfort food like this flavorful Cheesy Ground Beef And Rice Casserole is studded with kid friendly veggies and a creamy cheesy topping, making it a dinner kids will love and the answer to many a busy parent’s prayers.
I really have to give a nod to casseroles.
I love them…not just because they’re easy, but because they were some of the first things I ever started cooking.
Quick and easy casseroles are wonderful if you’re on a budget.
I also love them because they’re so easy to make “my own”, and typically I’ve always got to put my own spin on things. I’m a tweaker, and I can’t not tweak a new recipe.
Casseroles are also a life-saver on busy weeknights.
I’m trying to get everybody where they need to go, homework done, some gym time in, AND I’ve still got to get a hot, hearty meal on the table before bed time?
<Enter, you guessed it, a casserole> Hello, friend.
And this ground beef recipe one’s destined to be your BFF. I kid you not, my little ravagers didn’t save me a single bite the first time I made it. My husband even had the nerve to ask me if I was making more- like a second batch. He went as far as to as my price to make another dish of it that night (I didn’t charge, it’s not hard but he doesn’t need to know that).
I’ve heard of engagement chicken, but this right Cheesy Ground Beef And Rice Casserole should be called engagement casserole!
If you have a pound of ground beef, you’ve got dinner. This cheesy ground beef and rice casserole is a perfect one stop shop for a weeknight meal.
Shoot, it will still be good on a Saturday or Sunday. Dinner shouldn’t be stressful on the weekends either 🙂
Enjoy every last bite of this quick and easy casserole.
Other Tasty Ways To Combine Ground Beef & Rice:
- Cheesy Beef & Broccoli Rice Skillet
- Cheeseburger Fried Rice
- Creole Beef & Rice Bowls
- Korean Beef & Rice Bowls
Cheesy Ground Beef & Rice Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 14 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of rice cooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- salt pepper, oregano, to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and, stirring often, saute for a few minutes- until they've become tender and translucent.
- Add the ground beef and garlic. Brown the ground beef completely, drain, and return to the skillet.
- Turn the heat down to medium and spice the beef with salt, pepper, and oregano to taste.
- Stir in the rice, peas, tomato sauce, broth, and 1 cup of cheese. Let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Transfer everything to a 9×13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, or yogurt, with the remaining cup of cheese.
- After 15 minutes, remove the casserole from the oven and spread the cream/cheese mixture evenly over top.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Pictures Updated 1/15/2017