This moist and spongy Vanilla Pudding Pumpkin Cake Bread lives up to it’s name. Your favorite Fall flavors in an easy, no fuss loaf recipe that tastes just like cake. It’s hands down our favorite dessert for the season.
It’s not too late in the season for pumpkin recipes, right? Please tell me it’s not.
It’s not some unspoken rule like nobody wears white after Labor Day if they have an (fashion) sense at all, is it? Pumpkins out of style, peppermint’s in now?
I’ve got too much pumpkin love, and too many yummy treats to keep it all bottled up inside until next Fall. I won’t. I can’t.
I will explode if I try.
So I’m just gonna keep on putting my pumpkin lovin’ heart right on out there.
This Vanilla Pudding Pumpkin Cake Bread is too good not to share. I’m actually surprised it’s taken me this long to get around to making it for you all.
I blame part of this on just how good it is. Seriously.
Everybody’s giving everyone else the ‘eye’ if they go in for seconds because everyone wants to take home leftovers.
That’s because everyone wants their own piece post Thanksgiving dinner, and another to either pair with their morning cup of coffee or their evening tea.
Start your day with it. End your day with it– either way it’s pretty darn perfect. The addition of vanilla pudding may not be ‘traditional’ to pumpkin bread, but it makes it super moist and spongy.
So much so that this pumpkin bread ends up tasting like pumpkin cake! Seriously, frost it and no one would know the difference.
Topped with chopped walnuts and sifted powdered sugar, this Vanilla Pudding Pumpkin Cake Bread is a must make recipe.
It’s simple, it’s easy, and it’s a yummy treat full of Holiday flavor.
Make it for a bit of comfort on a cold night, make it to share with friends and family at your next party, make it just because. You might want to make an extra loaf though if you’re planning on sharing!
OTHER PUMPKIN TREATS PERFECT FOR FALL:
If you’ve tried this VANILLA PUDDING PUMPKIN CAKE BREAD, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Vanilla Pudding Pumpkin Cake Bread
- 1 and 3/4 cup flour
- 1 3.4 oz package dry instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 15 oz pure plain pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar or frosting for topping
- Butter an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to stir together the flour, dry pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the melted butter, sugar, pumpkin puree and eggs. Using the paddle attachment, stir everything together until the mixture's smooth. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients, a little at a time, just until everything's evenly combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the nuts evenly out over top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a wooden skewer or butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the pumpkin bread cool in the pan for ten minutes, away from heat. Run a butter knife around the edges to loosen the loaf from the pan. Carefully remove the bread to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar to a mesh strainer. Sift out over top of the cooled pumpkin bread until it's evenly coated.
- Slice and serve! This pairs well with coffee, tea, or milk.