A hearty dish that beautifully blends savory spices with sweet flavor notes, this Sweet Heat Chili is a quick & easy Winter meal by the bowlful. One pot is all you need making it perfect for any crowd, be it a family dinner or feeding hungry fans on game day.
The holidays, at least the two main events in our house- Thanksgiving & Christmas, are over. Whew. The hostess & chef version of me are both letting out a sigh of relief.
I can take a break, for the most part. No more cooking marathons for me! At least until the next major family event.
While I love our traditional ham and turkey, I am looking forward to several meals in between before I defrost my leftovers and can get excited to enjoy them again.
With that in mind, we’ll be switching things up and going with a meaty, beefy dish for dinner tonight. Namely this Sweet Heat Chili.
It’s a dish best served piping hot, especially on a cold Wintery day, or night.
With the high here today hoping to reach in the low 20’s, I’d say that it’s exactly the thing the local meteorologists would order!
Also, in lou of needing a break after the hefty, marathon meals of the past couple weeks- this one dish dinner is quick & easy to whip up.
Then just set your stew pot to simmer, and let time do it’s work as the flavors marry and blend in a beautiful, flavorful union.
Chock full of hearty bits of ground beef and savory beans, each bowl of this Sweet Heat Chili features a blend of sweet & spicy flavor that is magic by the mouthful.
More Chili Recipes To Try
Whether as a delicious dinner the whole family can warm up and fuel up to, or as a Game Day favorite that’ll keep even the coldest of tailgaters warm- ladle yourself a big ol’ bowl, because this sweet heat chili never disappoints.
- Instant Pot Cincinnati Chili
- Bacon Cheeseburger Chili
- Dad’s Famous Secret Ingredient Chili
- Chili Cheese Dog Chili
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
If you’ve tried this SWEET HEAT CHILI, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Sweet Heat Chili
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1-2 cups beef broth
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can pork and beans
- 1 15 oz can dark red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 2-3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a dutch oven, or other large soup pot, add the ground beef, onions, and garlic. Brown them over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until the meat's cooked through.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients until evenly combined. Bring the chili to a full boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and stirring occasionally- let the mixture continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, top with your favorite fixin's (we like shredded cheddar, sour cream, and crackers or cornbread), and enjoy!
Leave a Comment