An easy way to get a flavorful, low budget meal, these Sweet Heat Bacon Wrapped Smoked Chicken Breasts are the way to go. They’re the perfect set it & forget it recipe- great for entertaining and can be served as either an entree or an appetizer.
Ever since we bought our smoker, we’ve found reasons to use it. We’ve smoked every meat you could think of, in every normal way.
The whole family has loved everything that’s come out of our smoker. Every. thing. From smoked pulled pork for barbecue, to smoked chicken wings.
While we still regularly cook family favorites, as time has gone on- we’ve been branching out.
To the point where we’ve smoked meatloaf, mac and cheese, and even cheesecake.
There’s nothing we won’t consider runnin’ through our smoker if it might give it an infusion of great flavor.
We’re no strangers to adding bacon to our smoker game. It gets crispy, crackly and a lovely shade of golden brown when smoked.
When it’s wrapped around something savory, the delicious juices are absorbed into your smoke dish and soaked right on up.
It’s a flavorful experience. One you won’t want to miss.
We’ve done bacon wrapped meatloaf. We’ve even done bacon wrapped smoked corn on the cob. We’ve done bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers before, too.
We’ve finally reached the pinnacle of bacon-wrapped perfection with our Sweet Heat Bacon Wrapped Smoked Chicken Breasts.
Oooohhh, yeah. That right there’s the stuff.
How To Make
You’ve got your chicken breasts, removed of fat and any imperfections.
Wrapped in thick cut bacon, because when is bacon not a perfect addition to any recipe? Bacon is always good, makes everything- anything- better.
In a small mixing bowl, brown sugar, chili powder, and a pinch of cayenne are stirred together for a delicious ‘sweet heat’ rub.
Sprinkled over the wrapped breasts, the mixture gets physically pressed in, because you don’t want to miss a single bit of this flavor.
You can smoke your chicken directly on the racks, but when wrapped with bacon- they can be prone to sticking, especially in an electric-style smoker.
Knowing this, we choose to make use of the aluminum disposable-style metal 9×13″ tins. We poke a few knife holes in one, layer our prepared meat in it, and then place a solid one directly underneath the perforated one so any juices fall into it.
I love this option since it’s cheap, efficient, and keeps the fat from accumulating on my meat. With it all falling perfectly into the drip pan, it also makes clean up a breeze!
Other Smoked Meat Recipes You Might Also Enjoy
- Maple Chipotle Smoked Chicken Breast
- Smoked Bologna
- Smoked Brisket
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Smoked Beer Brats with Caramelized Onions
- Smoked Burgers
If you’ve tried these BACON WRAPPED SMOKED CHICKEN BREASTS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Sweet Heat Bacon Wrapped Smoked Chicken Breasts
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, about 4-5
- salt & black pepper, to taste
- smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 lb thick cut bacon
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp chili powder
- pinch cayenne
- Trim each breast of fat. Liberally salt & pepper each chicken breast.
- Using the strips of bacon, wrap each breast completely in bacon, tucking & weaving as necessary.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Using a fork, stir everything together until evenly incorporated.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly out over the bacon wrapped chicken breasts. Use your hands to press the mixture in, so that it sticks.
- Smoke at 275 degrees for 3- 3 1/2 hours, using your favorite chips. Replenish chips half way through the cooking.
- Remove the chicken immediately, and wrap the breasts in tin foil and let 'rest' for an hour before opening, and serving. If the bacon isn't crisp enough, you can set it on a pan under the broiler for a couple minutes to crisp up.
Leave a Comment