Wings are a perfect game day appetizer, or even a quick lunch or dinner idea. These Buttered Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are perfect for whatever time of day you decide to serve them, and quick/easy enough- that even at the last minute, they’re still a yummy option!
Football season is well under way. How’s your team faring so far?
The Hubs a life long Pittsburgh Steelers fan, and there stats for far for the 2018 season are 3 W, 2 L, and amazingly 1 Tie. Who knew that could still even happen, or be possible, with all the precautions and rules in effect?!
As usual, while I’m a casual supporter from the sidelines, or in this case my couch- you can mostly find me in the kitchen on Game Day. Making all the yummy snacks and Game Day food essentials.
As much as I’d like to suggest or believe otherwise, the real me knows I’m 100 % really just there for the food. The laughs are pretty good too, most games anyway.
You’re guaranteed to find some sort of chili bubbling away on the stove on days we play, along with a variety of dips and appetizers. Another thing you’ll find in my spread? Wings.
Wings are an essential part of a successful football spread for us. As with other things, while there’s many different versions we love, there’s one that’s a cut above the rest. For us, it’s these Buttered Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings.
Crisp, battered wings have been fried to perfection and coated in a loving, luscious butter based sauce.
I can’t even being to effectively tell you how much we love these wings. They’re delicious. They’re saucy. And OH MY- finger licking’ good. Like seriously, there has been more than one occasion where I’ve had to make several batches so we didn’t run out and guests weren’t disappointed. Luckily- they’re quick and easy enough for that.
So basically, you can buy whatever wings you’d like. They can be frozen, they can be fresh, they can already be battered, cooked, and refrigerated. Either way, prepare them according to the package instructions, so that the skin’s golden and crispy.
Melted butter is whisked together with lemon juice and bit of crushed black pepper. This sauce is poured over the wings, tossed to coat, and then seasoned with an extra little pinch of lemon pepper seasoning sprinkled out over top.
These Buttered Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are a perfect dinner when served with a veggie and side salad, or THE perfect thing to serve to a crowd of hungry fans on game day.
Other Appetizer Ideas You Might Also Enjoy:
- Strawberry Jalapeno Chicken Wings
- Doritos Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Loaded Italian Style Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- Lemon Tarragon Chopped Chicken Salad
- Extra Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Buttered Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 3-4 lbs chicken wings, battered or fried, cooked
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp cracked back pepper
- lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
- Cook your wings according to package directions, or to desired taste.
- In a small bowl, add the butter, lemon juice, and pepper-whisking to combine.
- Transfer the hot wings to a large bowl, pour the butter mixture over top, and gently stir to coat evenly and completely. Let the wings sit a minute or two, to absorb a bit.
- Transfer the wings to a serving platter, lightly season with the lemon pepper and serve the wings.