A simple peach syrup recipe makes for a delicious topping on pancakes, waffles and even ice cream. Perfect for canning, this yummy homemade syrup lets you enjoy the flavor of summer peaches year round.
Is there anything more delicious than fresh summer peaches? I can’t think of anything.
We love the sweet, juicy flavor and like to enjoy it on all sorts of sweet treats.
Rather than just cut up peaches to top our breakfasts and desserts with, I made a fresh peach syrup that’s so good.
How to Make
This recipe is very easy. You don’t even need to peel the peaches!
To make it it, remove the pits from the pieces and then slice each one into pieces.
Stir the sliced peaches, sugar and water together in a large skillet.
Then bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Let the moisture boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
Then remove the skillet from the heat and let it cool. It will thicken as it cools.
After about half an hour, the mixture should be cool enough to press through a sieve or strainer.
Once you’ve strained it, pour the pressed syrup into a clean glass jar. Discard the pulp.
Store the syrup in a sealed jar in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.
How to Can
Canning makes a great way to make those summer peaches shelf stable for the winter months.
You can can this peach syrup using the traditional water bath method.
If properly canned, the syrup will store well for up to a year.
Once the seal’s broken though, you will need to refrigerate the syrup (sealed) and use within two weeks.
I love drizzling this syrup on pancakes and waffles. It’s also delicious:
- as an ice cream topping
- mixed into a milkshake
- stirred into seltzer or club soda for homemade peach soda
- used as a mixer in a cocktail
Tips and Tricks
- No need to peel the peaches. Straining the mix will remove the pulp and peels.
- Keep stirring when the mixture boils so it doesn’t burn.
- Can sub a granulated sugar alternative as long as it has the same melting properties.
Other Homemade Syrups You Might Love
This simple peach syrup recipe is the best summer syrup. Make it and enjoy the sweet taste of peaches year round.
Looking for other homemade syrups? Try these:
If you’ve tried this SIMPLE PEACH SYRUP recipe, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on.
Simple Peach Syrup Recipe
- 2 large ripe peaches
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Remove the pits from the peaches, and slice each one into pieces.
- Add the sliced peaches, sugar, and water to a large skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Let the mixture boil, stirring often for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let the syrup cool. It will thicken as it cools.
- Let the mixture cool for roughly 30 minutes, then press the mixture through a fine sieve or strainer.
- Transfer the pressed syrup into a clean glass jar, and discard the pulp.
- Store the syrup in a sealed jar, refrigerated, for 3-4 weeks.