Peanut butter and jelly stuffed cookies are tender, loaded peanut butter cookies that’re stuffed with strawberry jam. This easy cookie recipe turns the flavors of the childhood classic into a yummy treat that both kids and adults will love!
My sons absolutely love PB & J sandwiches.
They are always happy to have a classic PB&J sandwich, even now that they are a little older.
Since they love the sandwiches so much, I decided to test out making a PB&J inspired cookie.
The result of those tests are these delicious stuffed cookies that are just like the sandwiches minus the bread of course.
You’ll need to get the following ingredients out when you are ready to make these delicious cookies.
You’ll probably already have most of these on hand in your kitchen so you can get started right away:
- light brown sugar
- creamy peanut butter
- butter softened
- large egg
- baking soda
- baking powder
- kosher salt
- peanut butter chips
- crushed Nutter Butter cookies
- strawberry jam
You don’t need much to make these stuffed cookies.
You’ll want your standard stuff like a non-stick baking sheet, spatula, stand mixer, and measuring cups.
You’ll also need a flavor injector.
If you’re not familiar with a flavor injector, they are a tool that allows you to insert ingredients into the middle of a baked good like cookies, pastries, or cakes.
When you make these stuffed cookies, a flavor injector is a must to perfectly stuff the jam inside.
How to Make
It’s really easy to make these cookies.
To make them start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and lining two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set the sheets aside.
In a standing mixer, beat together your sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg until they are combined and smooth.
In a separate, large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Slowly beat in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined and a soft dough forms.
Once your dough has formed, mix in half the peanut butter chips and a half cup of crushed nutter butters until combined.
Use a small ice cream scoop or large spoon to scoop out some dough into your hands.
Roll the dough into balls.
In another bowl, combine the remaining cups of peanut butter chips and nutter butters.
Roll each cookie dough ball in the mix. Repeat for each cookie.
The dough should make about 11 balls.
Place the cookies on the parchment lined cookie sheet leaving some room between them.
Bake them in your oven for 11 minutes.
While the cookies bake, place your strawberry jam into a heat safe bowl and place into your microwave for 30 seconds or until it is soft.
Carefully fill your flavor injector with the jam.
Once the cookies come out of the oven, you need to let them cool for a few minutes.
Once they are cool enough to handle, inject the cookies with the jam until the top starts to crack.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store these cookies in an airtight container for about 3 to 5 days.
Before storing them, allow them to cool completely.
This helps prevent trapping water in the container, which causes soggy cookies.
You could also wrap the cookies in a plastic wrap. If you do this, I recommend placing them in a sealable bag and press out as much air as possible.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some easy tips and tricks to follow to make the best peanut butter and jelly cookies at home:
- Don’t over bake the cookies and err on the side of slightly underbaked, they will firm up as they cool.
- For added crunch, you could use crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth.
- Don’t overheat the jam in the microwave, burned jam tastes horrible.
- Use parchment paper or nonstick spray to make removing the cookies from the cookie sheet very easy.
Other peanut butter jelly treats you might love
These peanut butter and jelly stuffed cookies are one of our favorite treats.
Make them the next time you feel like satisfying your peanut butter cravings.
Looking for other peanut butter and jelly treats? Try these:
If you’ve tried these PEANUT BUTTER JELLY STUFFED COOKIES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed Cookies
- 1 flavor injector
- 1 C sugar plus 2 more cups to roll the cookie in
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 ⁄2 C shortening
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C peanut butter chips
- 1 C crushed nutter butters
- 1 C strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg until combined and smooth
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined and a dough forms
- Mix in 1/2 C peanut butter chips and 1/2 C crushed nutter butters until combined
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough onto your hands
- Roll the dough into a ball
- Combine the remaining cups of peanut butter chips and nutterbutters into a bowl
- Roll the cookie dough into the mixture
- Repeat steps with 11 more cookies
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 11 minutes
- Place the strawberry jam into a heat safe bowl and place into the microwave for 30 seconds until soft
- Fill the flavor injector with the jam
- Once the cookies come out of the oven allow to cool for a few minutes
- Inject the cookies with the jam until the top cracks