Bacon is a hard thing to ruin, but it’s also a harder thing to perfect when learning to cook. This easy oven roasted bacon comes out crisp and ready to crumble every time, with hardly any effort and easy clean up guaranteed.
At first I was skeptical of ‘roasted’ bacon.
Give up cooking those amazing strips of crisped perfection in my trusty skillet? I couldn’t imagine an oven version being able to compare. But I was game to at least give it a try.
After all, I am always the one encouraging the sons to at least try things before sticking their noses up in the air, or saying ‘ I can’t’. Gotta practice what I preach!
After that first batch of this oven roasted bacon though I was quickly converted.
Love bacon? Hate the mess? This is the easiest way to prepare and enjoy that unhealthy, yet damn delicious, treat. Even better than less mess, bacon cooked in the oven cooks more evenly, and requires a whole lot less work from you! Throw it in the oven, set a timer, forget about it and go about your business ’til the buzzer.
Oh. Em. Gee! How can you stop at just one strip?!
If you’ve tried this EASY OVEN ROASTED BACON, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
- 8-10 strips of your favorite brand of bacon
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Lay the bacon on top of the parchment paper, as best you can without the strips touching each other. The less overlap, the more crisp & crunch.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon is really crispy.
- Use a pair of tongs to remove the bacon from the tray and drain on paper towels immediately (so it stays crispy!) and serve.