Sweet & savory this honey garlic chicken features tender chicken thighs slow cooked in sauce in the bowl of a crock pot. The result’s delicious tender Asian flavor infused chicken that’s fork tender & ready to fall apart. Served over a bed of fluffy white rice this saucy chicken makes an absolutely delicious dinner.
I was so productive last weekend. I packed away all the shorts and t shirts and swapped them out for everybody’s jeans and sweaters.
It was a cool 50 degrees all weekend and we were cozy and oh-so happy. And damn if I didn’t pat myself on the back for checking that giant task of our seasonal to-do list.
Aaaaand then this weeek rolled around bringing us 70 degrees and you’d have thought I was trying to torture my boys.
Any who, it may not seem like Winter is coming from the weather, despite what our wardrobe (and the local weatherman) says, but I can tell– especially as we shift from using the grill, and move firmly into oven and crock pot territory.
This crockpot honey garlic chicken recipe is easy to throw together, and you let the crockpot do all the heavy lifting.
Serve it over a warm bed of freshly cooked white rice, and make sure to ladle a generous scoop of sauce overtop the honey garlic chicken.
Because, this sauce. This sauce will have you smackin’ your lips and licking your plate clean. Shamelessly.
If you’ve tried this CROCKPOT HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup*
- 1/2 cup soy sauce*
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place the chicken thighs on the bottom of the crockpot.
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, combine the minced garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano and parsley, and stir them together until the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Cover the crockpot with its lid, and cook for 6 to 7 hours on LOW, or 4 to 5 hours on HIGH.
- Remove the lid and transfer the cooked chicken to a serving plate.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of white rice.