It’s quick and easy, it’s creamy pasta Heaven. Studded with crispy crackles of bacon, chunks of tender juicy chicken, and bound together with a thick Caesar dressing- it’s a full meal that masquerades as a hot pasta salad.
Yes, I know. I’ve been MIA most of the past week or so. Here’s my formal apology. I look forward to posting new recipes for you guys, probably I’m guessing just as much as you like viewing them. Or having them delivered to your inbox if you’ve subscribed to our blog.
That being said, you would think this job is gravy. I make food for my family and get paid for it, right??
l wish it was so cut and dry.
I make what I make for my family, that’s true– but in order to get pictures when the lighting’s good, that means cooking in the AM hours, and then re-heating at the end of the day for our last meal.
Luckily, the huge adjustment has been met with good graces by my guys.
Only reason I’m mentioning this, is that there’s a lot of work involved.
So while I haven’t been posting new recipes the past week, I HAVE been editing them. And there’s quite a backlog. It goes all the way to August of last year.
I’m back in the game now though, folks. With plenty of recipes coming your way.
The first of which is this to die for Chicken Bacon Caesar Pasta.
Creamy spaghetti noodles swirl around chunks of rotisserie chicken and crisp pieces of bacon, in a sauce made of your favorite dressing.
Stirred with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, a dash of lemon juice, and sprinkled with salt and pepper.
That’s how you get all of the awesomeness in one pot that is Chicken Bacon Caesar Pasta.
It’s light and refreshing, making it a perfect meal for Spring and Summer. But, featuring two meats and of course a heaping helping of pasta– it’s hearty enough to feed all the troops come supper time.
If you’ve tried this CHICKEN BACON CAESAR PASTA, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Chicken Bacon Caesar Pasta
- 12 oz angel hair pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips or chunked
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pint creamy Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnishing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh flat leaf parsley, optional
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve one cup of pasta water before straining.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the chicken and season it with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through- about 5-6 minutes. Remove the cooked chicken to a plate, set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the bacon and fry until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to soak up any excess grease. Drain excess grease, reserving about two tablespoons worth in the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add in the garlic, stirring and cooking, about a minute or until fragrant. Slowly stir in the broth, scraping the bottom of the skillet to deglaze the pan and loosen up those yummy browned bits. Cook until the broth has reduced by half.
- Stir in the dressing and bring the sauce to a slow simmer. If the sauce is too thick, stir in some of the pasta water, a few tablespoons at a time until your desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in the cheese, lemon juice, and parsley- if using- until evenly incorporated and the cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and gently toss until it's evenly coated in the Caesar sauce.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan to serve. You can also sprinkle with extra bacon crumbled and parsley when plating to serve. Enjoy.
Other Pasta Recipes You May Enjoy: