Chili doesn’t have to be all about ‘the meat’. This White Cheddar & Apple Chicken Chili is the compromise your stove top’s been looking for! A sweet & savory, Fall-themed spin on a Southern classic- it’s guaranteed to be a hit come dinner-time.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to #AppleWeek 2018 hosted by Cooking With Carlee! This year is even bigger and better than ever with a giveaway! A bunch of bloggers from around the United States are showcasing their best apple-themed dishes. Get ready for Fall with over 130 apple recipes throughout the week including cocktails, main courses, pizzas, pastas, pastries, breads, muffins, and plenty of desserts!
What could be better than all of that?
How about an awesome giveaway?
Our #AppleWeek Sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
AppleWeek Prize Pack #1 from Swiss Diamond
Available in select stores only, Swiss Diamond’s XD 10 piece set features Swiss Diamond’s newest, most advanced diamond-reinforced nonstick coating. The new coating formulation contains 20% more real diamond crystals than the HD coating and was developed in Switzerland. The result is a significantly tougher cooking surface, 40% more durable with 40% better food release properties as compared to the Classic HD nonstick cookware. The are ideal for healthy cooking without oil and feature quick, easy clean-up with hot soapy water. They are PFOA-free and produced in an eco-friendly manner. The tempered glass lids have adjustable steam vents and the ergonomic handles and knobs are oven safe up to 500 F.
Swiss Diamond is a high-end cookware and kitchenware brand established in 2001, with a manufacturing facility in Sierre, Switzerland. The brand name originates from the company’s Swiss origin and it’s classic cookware line which uses a revolutionary nonstick coating made with diamond crystals for durability, superior heat conduction, and a long-lasting nonstick surface. Swiss Diamond is committed to meeting consumer needs by using safe, high-quality materials, by emphasizing innovative design with traditional European craftsmanship and by adhering to an eco-friendly production process.
AppleWeek Prize Pack #2 from Envy Apples
AppleWeek Prize Pack #3 from The Spice House
The Spice House has been sourcing premium spices since 1957, bringing you the finest selections from all over the globe. They provide the freshest and most flavorful ingredients possible via small, weekly batch grinding and blending.
Prize Pack #4 from Rodelle Vanilla
A Baker’s Dream Come True!
Package will include pure vanilla extract, gourmet dutch-processed baking cocoa, gourmet vanilla extract, gourmet vanilla beans, organic vanilla extract, organic chocolate extract, almond extract, vanilla paste, and some fun baking supplies to whip of your next batch of goodies with!
Rodelle believes ingredients makes all the difference, that’s why they are passionate about offering a complete line of superior baking ingredients, vanilla products and gourmet spice blends. Quality vanilla extract may cost a little bit more, but the flavors are worth it! Rodelle works with a farmer-owned co-op in Madagascar, Sahanala, to craft a farm-to-table vanilla that benefits the vanilla farmers and their families. Learn more about Rodelle’s vertical integration here. Or, Find out where to buy great Rodelle ingredients near you here.
Prize Pack #5 from Imperial Sugar
A Sweet Tooth’s Dream Come True!
The Winner will receive 1 case of 2-lb granulated sugar (20 bags) + 1 case of 2-lb light brown sugar (24 lbs), a silicone baking mat and a custom apron.
For 175 years, Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens across the South. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations. We’re the secret ingredient in family-favorite recipes handed down from one generation to the next. Home cooks know that when you bake with love and Imperial sugar, that’s when memories are made. Visit ImperialSugar.com for over 100 years of time-tested recipes, kid’s crafts, how-to videos, coupons, giveaways and more.
Prize Pack # 6 from Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and Nairn’s Oatcakes
Flahavan’s and Nairn’s have teamed up to bring out an oatstanding prize pack filled with naturally creamy, sustainable Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal and our go-to gluten free grahams by Nairn’s. We have a good gut feeling that you’re going to love it!
Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal is sustainably grown and milled in Co. Waterford, Ireland by the Flahavan’s family since 1785. They have sourced the finest oats from the same Irish farming families for generations. Flahavan’s oats are milled in small batches and minimally processed according to 230 year old milling tradition and double kilned. They are non-GMO and naturally gluten-free.
Nairn’s Gluten Free Grahams are rather good in more ways than one. For a start they’re made with only the finest wholegrain oats- naturally energizing and proven to reduce cholesterol. And at only 45 calories a piece, they’re a healthy alternative the the usual graham (also 40% less sugar!). But the real feel good factor comes from knowing every delicious gluten-fee bite is batch tested to Elisa standards so they’re truly safe to eat.
Prize Pack #7 from Nordic Ware
Perfect for baking all of these AppleWeek treats, Nordic Ware will give one lucky winner an apple cakelet pan and prism baker’s bundle with a quarter and half sheet pan!
Nordic Ware is a family owned and operated kitchenware company since 1946 and has steadily built its reputation as an internationally distributed kitchenware brand. As a leading manufacturer and innovator, Nordic Ware produces the vast majority of its products in America, at its Minneapolis headquarters, including bakeware, cookware, grillware, microwave, and kitchen gadgets and accessories.
DON’T FORGET TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN:
Now that we’ve gotten that message out, let’s get on to the yummy recipe.
There was a long time where I only associated chili with beef and beans. I mean, really? That’s what traditional chili is, right?
Nope. Do not sell yourself, or your chili game, short. Chili was always destined for bigger and better things. Just take this White Cheddar & Apple Chicken Chili for example.
This is not a ‘you’re looking to lose a little weight’ so let’s go with a healthier chili option, chili. This is a hearty, whole calorie, full bodied dish.
The sauteed apples cook up to the consistency of soft potatoes, and they take on the spices beautifully. To the point where every bite is infused with flavor, but not overwhelming.
My kids didn’t even know they were eating apples, until I told them. Even knowing didn’t put them off this chili, although they were confused with there own sense of taste for a few.
It’s a wholesome, comforting chili- stuffed full of beans and seasoned, sauteed apples (the taste like seasoned potatoes), and rotisserie chicken. Cooked in a seasoned chicken broth, this White Cheddar & Apple Chicken Chili is the simple dinner to beat all dinners, especially when it comes to seasonal favorites.
This White Cheddar & Apple Chicken Chili was made in this Cast Iron range from Swiss Diamond. This is one of my favorite things to use in the kitchen! It’s so versatile and cast iron is such an efficient way to evenly spread heat, which means less chances dinner gets scorched or is undercooked.
There’s also the added benefit of being able to seamlessly go between the stove top straight into the oven! Less dishes for this Mom’s always a huge bonus. The high quality enamel finish equals less stuck on food, making cooking, and then scrubbing clean, a breeze. Make sure your kitchen’s stocked with Swiss Diamond Cast Iron, and christen it with a batch of Fall’s new favorite chili.
Other Apple Themed Recipes You Might Also Enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider Beef Stew
- Apple Pie Pancakes
- 3 Ingredient, ‘NO BAKE’ Apple Protein Brownies
- Bacon Apple & Cheddar Quiche
- Candied Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread
If you’ve tried this WHITE CHEDDAR & APPLE CHICKEN CHILI, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 apples peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1 white onion peeled & roughly diced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 2 15 oz cans canellini beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- To a dutch oven, or other large pot, add the olive oil and heat over medium heat. When the oil's hot, add the apples and onion. Stir. Add in the chili powder and cumin, stirring to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes, or until the apples and onions are soft. Transfer them to a plate, and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Melt the butter in the pot, then whisk in the flour. Let cook for 60 seconds, to let the flour taste cook out.
- Add in the broth, whisking in a bit at a time, until the mixture comes back together. Then whisk in the milk. Continue simmering, whisking occasionally, until the mixture's thickened- about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and apple/onion mixture until evenly combined.
- Stir the chili, if too thick- add a little extra broth to thin it out, otherwise, stir in the cheese until melted. This chili is meant to be on the thicker side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
- Apple & Lentil Andouille Crockpot Stew by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apples and Chai Smoothie by Our Good Life
- Apple Cider Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Pancakes by Family Around the Table
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Aparts by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Crepes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Crisp Ebelskivers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Herb Stuffed Pork Chops by West Via Midwest
- Apple Pudding by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Sugar Butter by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast by Seduction in the Kitchn
- Apple Upside Down Cake by Lemon Blossoms
- Appledoodle Cookies by Cookaholic Wife
- Applesauce Coffee Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Applesauce Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Apple Donuts by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples by Simple and Savory
- Bourbon Apple Pecan Bread Pudding by Soulfully Made
- Caramel Apple Crumb Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Jam by Books n’ Cooks
- Gingersnapple Tart by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chicken Salad Apple Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dutch Apple Cobbler with Cheesecake Topping by Who Needs a Cape?
- Dutch Apple Coffee Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- German Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup by House of Nash Eats
- Grilled Cheddar Cheese with Apples and Hatch Chile Hot Sauce by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Apples by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Oven Roasted Apple Butter by Savory Moments
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumble by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Savory Skillet Chicken and Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon by The Anthony Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pork with Apples by Palatable Pastime
- Sugar Free Apple Pie with Crumble Topping by Tip Garden
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette by The Baking Fairy
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.