TikTok boat dip is the newest food sensation to take the internet by storm. A cold fiesta taco dip, this tasty concoction begs for you to dunk your favorite dippables into it over and over!
Oh do I love TikTok.
So many delicious ideas come from that social media network.
Take for example this boat dip.
It’s so easy to make and one of my new favorite dip recipes that I keep in my back pocket anytime I want to throw together a snack or appetizer that is easy and full of big Mexican flavor.
And my boys agree!
They love it and ask for it over and over again. Your brood will likely do the same!
Why is it called boat dip?
No, you don’t need a boat to enjoy this creamy dip!
It’s called boat dip because it is perfect for a day on the water whether it’s on a boat in the lake or ocean or beachside or poolside snacking.
Don’t live near a beach or have access to a pool? Enjoy it at as an appetizer at barbecues and picnics.
What is boat dip?
So now that you know that it doesn’t really have anything to do with boats, other than being a perfect summer snack, you’re probably wondering what it is.
Boat dip is a cold Mexican dip that tastes very similar to seven layer dip, but IT’S SO MUCH EASIER TO MAKE!
To make this yummy recipe you’ll need:
- Sour cream– Use full fat sour cream for the best flavor and texture. It provides the base of this creamy dip.
- Taco seasoning– Your favorite store bought taco seasoning or make your own.
- Rotel– Use the diced tomato and green chili variety. Make sure to drain it well. If you can’t find it or don’t have it, you could always sub chunky salsa.
- Cheese– Go for pre-shredded cheddar. You could also use a Mexican blend or cheddar Jack.
- Cilantro– Freshly chopped cilantro adds a little extra flavor.
How to Make
This is pretty much the easiest dip recipe in the world to make!
All you need to do is add all of the ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and then stir everything together.
Then just cover it and chill it and you’re ready to serve it with dippers of your choice.
You can dip whatever you want into this yummy spread, but if you need some ideas here are a few of my favorites:
- potato chips
- tortilla chips
- veggies like carrot sticks, cucumber slices, celery stick or sliced bell pepper
- sliced baguettes
- Frito scoops
- Tostitos scoops
Heartier dippers work particularly well with this dip since they won’t break.
If you have any leftovers, cover it tightly or transfer it to an airtight container.
Then refrigerate the dip for up to 2 days.
Tips and Tricks
- You can make this ahead of time and I recommend it because it allows the spices to really blend and flavor to deepen.
- Don’t have Rotel? You can sub chunky salsa.
- Want to add some protein to it? A can of drained and rinsed black beans makes a great addition.
- If you want to make it ‘heartier’, a drained can of corn is also another great mix-in.
- You can use this as a spread as well, spread on a tortilla, rolled up like a jelly roll, and sliced into pinwheels- it makes for a great light lunch, snack, or appetizer.
Other TikTok Dip Recipes You’ll Love
TikTok boat dip is a yummy, easier alternative to seven layer dip that I know you’ll love! Make it before your next day at the pool or beach or for your next barbecue and enjoy!
Looking for other TikTok dip recipes? Try these:
If you’ve tried these TIKTOK BOAT DIP or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Boat Dip Recipe
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 10 oz can rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Stir everything together until evenly combined.
- Cover & chill.
- Serve cold with dipping options of your choosing.