This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Quesadillas are always a great idea for a quick meal, even on the busiest of nights. Stuffed full with shredded pork, diced green chiles, avocado, sweet corn, and a blend of Mexican cheeses– these Sweet & Smoky Pork Quesadillas with Spicy Ranch Dressing are a gourmet meal made on a budget, in under 30 minutes.
School’s been back in session for a few months now, and with it routine has returned. Routine, routine, my fickle friend. While the kids and I need it to thrive, it can be such a pain at times. I mean it’s pretty easy to drive the car, shuffling kids between work, wrestling practice, church, you name it. I’ve got this, right?
Without fail, there’s always one thing I never remember to take into consideration. We’re home for the night. Everyone’s stuff has been carted from the entryway into their various residences. Chores are done. Homework’s done– finally! And that’s the moment I sit down, wipe my brow, and breath a sigh of relief.
And it’s at that exact moment the hungry chorus starts sounding… ‘What’s for dinner?’ ‘When will it be ready?’ ‘I don’t want that, can I have this instead?”
This is also why I keep a variety of options on hand for quick meals- and by quick meals I mean 30 minutes or less from start to finish. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is perfect for just this reason. You can never go wrong having a good tenderloin on hand.
One that’s been marinaded for you? That’s genius. As if this wasn’t my go to before, Smithfield ® has come out with four new flavors.
Sweet & Smoky Boneless Roast
Homestyle Boneless Roast
Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper Tenderloin
Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
Got your mouth watering yet??
You can grill it. You can roast it. You can saute it. You can even set it and forget it, cooking it in the slow cooker. It’s like miracle meat. Seriously. It also leaves you with plenty of options– sandwiches, tacos, even with pasta– it’s versatile folks.
Another way to get real flavor, real fast? Have that bad boy cooked in 15 minutes. Not only is it possible, it opens up your possibilities as far as what you want to do with it.
While I love, love, love the new Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper Tenderloin, I still very rarely serve pork as is. That being said, with properly pre-marinaded pork the flavors are infused into every bit of meat and stay with it in every bite.
This is why I love incorporating such flavorful meat into simple meal ideas. Not only are they already my favorite because they’re quick and easy, but this pork specifically packs a flavor punch into every single bite of an otherwise ordinary dish.
Enter these Sweet & Smoky Pork Quesadillas with Spicy Ranch Dressing.
A yummy Tex Mex-style lunch or dinner, these Sweet & Smoky Pork Quesadillas with Spicy Ranch Dressing are stuffed with tender pieces of shredded pork, sweet corn, diced green chiles, and avocado. Mexican blend cheese is the glue that holds everything together.
Crispy quesadillas are a thing of beauty on their own, but dipped in spicy ranch? That’s a literal flavor bomb waiting to go off in each bite.
Ready in under 30 minutes, this is the recipe to have on hand as the ace up your sleeve on busy nights. Being short on time is never a valid reason to serve a meal that isn’t full of flavor– thankfully with the help of Smithfield’s marinated pork tenderloin the guess work’s taken out of the equation for you– even on the busiest of nights.
If you’ve tried these SWEET & SMOKY PORK QUESADILLAS WITH SPICY RANCH DRESSING, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Sweet & Smoky Pork Quesadillas with Spicy Ranch Dressing
For the Quesadillas
- flour tortillas burrito size
- 1 Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup of frozen sweet corn thawed
- 1 can of diced green chiles
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Mexican blend cheese
For the Spicy Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1-2 tsp chipotle powder
Sweet & Smoky Pork Quesadillas
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a cast iron skillet.
- Heat the skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the tenderloin and sear it on all sides until it's nice and browned.
- Carefully transfer the skillet to a 425 degree oven, and cook for 15-20 minutes-- or until the internal temp reaches 145 degrees.
- Let the pork rest for a minute or two. Use two forks to 'pull' the meat apart and add it into a large bowl.
- Add the corn, chiles, avocado, and paprika to the bowl. Gently stir until everything's evenly incorporated into one mixture.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of cheese evenly out over half of a tortilla. Top with a 1/5 of the meat mixture. Sprinkle another 1/4 cup of cheese evenly out overtop of the meat mixture. Fold the tortilla closed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, spray it with non stick cooking spray and carefully transfer the prepared quesadilla to it.
- Let the quesadilla cook until browned and crispy on one side, about 3 minutes, careful to avoid overcooking/burning. Use two spatulas to carefully flip the tortilla to the other side, and again allow it to cook for about 3 minutes, or again until the cheese has melted and the tortilla's browned and crispy.
- Remove the cooked quesadilla to a cutting board. Let it rest for a minute, and then use a pizza cutter to slice it into 3-4 wedges before serving.
Spicy Ranch Dressing
- In a small bowl whisk together the ranch and chipotle powder until evenly incorporated.
- Refrigerate the dressing until ready to use.
- Serve with the cooked quesadillas, for dipping.
Other Quesadillas you may enjoy:
Leave a Comment