This orange cream fruit salad takes fruit salad to the next level with the addition of a delicious orange cheesecake pudding sauce. This easy fruit salad will be an instant dessert hit, perfect for any summer occasion.
Picnic season is here. I don’t know about you but I feel like our family has a picnic, barbecue, or potluck to go to every weekend this summer. I hate showing up to these events empty handed. While a lot of times, I’ll bring an easy appetizer like dill pickle dip, sometimes I’m on dessert duty.
Picnics and potlucks call for an easy, refreshing dessert.
This time of the year, I don’t really want to turn on my oven to bake something unless the picnic is for something special like Fourth of July. Then, I might make this Red, White, and Blue Layer Cake. But otherwise, give me light, refreshing, and completely no bake.
This orange cream fruit salad fits those requirements. Making it is a snap and doesn’t require any time in oven or even any time on the stove top. It also doesn’t really need any time to chill in the fridge. It’s mix and go.
Plus this orange cream fruit salad really could not be easier to make. The orange cheesecake pudding sauce is the most complicated piece of this recipe and it’s not complicated at all.
To make it, you just whisk orange juice, milk, and a package of cheesecake pudding mix together. After that, stir in the yogurt. That’s it. The cheesecake pudding sauce is basically done. Then you need to drain all the canned fruit.
To finish the dessert, just gently stir in pineapple, sliced bananas, mandarin oranges, and maraschino cherries.
And that’s it. You’ve got a dreamy orange cream fruit salad ready to be the talk of your picnic dinner.
Other Fresh, Fruit Salad Recipes For Summer:
- Cherry Berry Fruit Salad
- Grilled Peach Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- Watermelon Mint Salad
- Sweet Southern Sour Cream Grape Salad
Orange Cream Fruit Salad
- 1 3.4 oz package cheesecake flavored pudding
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 cup maraschino cherries
- 2 bananas thinly sliced
- Start by combining pudding mix, milk, and orange juice in a medium side mixing bowl. Whisk them together until smooth, and it's begun to thicken slightly.
- Whisk in the yogurt, stirring until the mixture's once again smooth.
- Add the fruit, stirring gently until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover & chill for up to two hours. The mixture will thicken slightly if you choose to chill it.
Leave a Comment