Scoops of bright, creamy rainbow sherbet ice cream are right at your finger tips. Seriously. Got ice cream? Got some jello mix? You’re in business. Two ingredients is all you need, and no fancy equipment or ice cream maker’s required for this fun, no churn Jello Rainbow Sherbet Ice Cream.
The spring weather is such a tease.
We’ll get a stretch of days that are bright and beautiful– the sun’s shining, the birds are singing. And then we get days like today right on there heels.
Dreary, gray clouds, cold damp misty rain that never quite turns into rain drops, but doesn’t really stop either. It’s such an emotional roller coaster.
On those days we need a little pick me up.
A little something that gently reminds us to buck up because warmer, dryer weather perfect for pick up games, poolside sitting, and lazy evening catching lightning bugs is in fact right around the corner.
That’s where this fun ice cream recipe comes into play.
It’s vibrant, it’s cheery, it just says sunny days are straight ahead. And when don’t my kids go crazy for ice cream??
Any day they get a bowl of the cold stuff it’s a good day, regardless of weather that would say otherwise. Regardless of what it looks like out the window, or if it’s Monday or another day of the week where it’s just not going your way.
If anything can brighten up your day it will be this Jello Rainbow Sherbet Ice Cream with its creamy bright colors and flavors to match. It’s sure to make your day just that much more colorful.
And what day couldn’t use just a bit more color in it?
If you’ve tried this JELLO RAINBOW SHERBET ICE CREAM, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Jello Rainbow Sherbet Ice Cream
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1- 2 tbsp each of Jello packet powder: Berry Blue Orange, Raspberry, Lime
- air tight container for storage
- Let the ice cream sit out until just softened enough to stir, not melted or runny.
- Divide the ice cream by putting one cup into 4 separate bowls.
- Working quickly so the ice cream doesn't truly melt, stir one tablespoon of powder into each bowl so that each is colored/flavored with one of the corresponding Jello packets.
- Transfer the ice cream to a storage container so that the flavors are next to each other, but not mixed together., like layers placed side by side.
- Cover the storage container and place in the freezer. Allow it to freeze until the ice cream is once again solid.
- Scoop the ice cream, getting a bit of each flavor in a scoop, into bowls and serve immediately.
recipe originally from Smart School House
Other No Churn Ice Cream Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Salted Caramel Pretzel Ice Cream
Leave a Comment