Grilling season, yes it IS a season, is my favorite time of the year. For those precious few months, I get to sit back at dinner time and take a break from cooking the family meal. Instead, my loving husband gets to slave away over the grill. It’s wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, that I’ve never bothered to learn how to operate the grill myself. I’m sure I could figure it out, but that might prove self-destructive to my seasonal dinner breaks. This recipe is incredibly simple, but the marinade gives the chicken an out-of-this-world flavor. The sun is shining, so pull out some chicken breasts, fire up that grill, and give these kabobs a try!
Honey Garlic Chicken Kabobs
If you’ve tried these HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN KABOBS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
- 5-6 bonesless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 large onions cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 sweet bell peppers cut into 2 inch pieces
- In a large bowl, add oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper. Stir to combine evenly.
- Add chicken to the bowl. Make sure all chicken is submerged in the marinade.
- Let marinade in the refrigerator at least two hours. Keep in mind the longer it marinates the better.
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Drain the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Thread the chicken and the vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Place skewers onto the grill and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Remove from the grill and serve on the skewers or off.