This Grilled Butter Garlic Steak & Potato Foil Pack Dinner is the quick and easy dinner idea you were looking for, but thought you’d never find. Steak & potatoes were meant to go together, and they come through as the shining stars they were meant to be in this simple, but flavorful recipe.
So today’s episode in the I hate moving list, cooking is so hard, and if we eat fast food one more time I will probably die- I pulled out my own version of old faithful- my grill.
Sure, tonight it was only hot dogs and a couple hamburgers, but it was still a filling meal that was easy and required the most minimal effort on my part. Thank Heaven for that!
Since the grill’s moved and ready for more serious business- I can’t wait to make it earn it’s keep.
We’re planning a bonfire to celebrate being all moved in and settled in the next two weeks. Friends, family, and good food sound like the perfect way to usher in this next chapter in our lives.
Cooking on the grill is easy enough in itself, if you know what you’re doing. Cooking a whole dinner in a foil packet, well that’s just smart on top of smart.
This Grilled Butter Garlic Steak & Potato Foil Pack Dinner serves 4-6 and couldn’t be any simpler, in ingredients or instructions. Your family, your taste buds, shoot even your sanity will thank you!
This meat & potatoes meal is ideal for any night you’re craving something hearty, filling, flavorful, but need it prepped & ready in a hurry. You don’t have to skimp, you just need the right recipe. This Grilled Butter Garlic Steak & Potato Foil Pack Dinner is just what you’re looking for.
Want a more complete dinner in a dish, err foil packet? You can add some fresh broccoli florets or some freshly snapped green beans. They’ll saute up nicely while absorbing all the flavor. And still, no extra work! Ahh, an easy dinner that tastes amazing, without any real work other than some chopping prep. Consider me your gal 🙂
- 2 1/2 lbs sirloin steak, fat trimmed and chopped into 2" pieces
- 1 lb baby potatoes, quartered, boiled for 3-4 minutes, drained & cooled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter, melted & cooled
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- pinch fresh rosemary leaves
- fresh thyme leaves, for garnish (option)
- To a large mixing bowl, add the steak, oil, butter, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, dried thyme, and rosemary leaves. Using a spatula, stir gently until everything is evenly combined and coated.
- Separate and spread out 4 12x12 sheets of aluminum foil. Divide the steak and potato mixture evenly out onto the center of each foil sheet. Wrap the foil up tightly around the contents of the packets, seal them well.
- Over high heat, grill the foil packets for 10-12 minutes. Flip and grill an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Open the packets, let them cook an extra two minutes, and garnish with the fresh thyme leaves, serving immediately.