Zucchini breads and quick breads are both common Summer staples. We’ve combined the two in this refreshing glazed lemon zucchini bread. Flecks of zucchini give a delicious third dimension to this popular lemon and quick bread combination making for a moist, breakfast & dessert hybrid.
The gardening gods have seen to it that this summer I have more zucchini than I knew what to do with.
Fortunately for me, that’s led to finding all these awesome new recipes.
I’m constantly, and pleasantly, being surprised by all the wonderful ways I’m discovering this summer that zucchini can be used.
Take this baked gnocchi with zucchini and tomatoes as an example.
And for someone who does not particularly like surprises, that’s saying something.
Flecks of zucchini give a delicious third dimension to the popular lemon and quick bread combination in this moist, breakfast/dessert hybrid.
Seriously, lemon and zucchini are a match made in flavor heaven.
This little loaf is easy to make.
Quick breads are a perfect starting point for non/new bakers and an easy, old faithful recipe for those who’re already in the ‘fold’.
If you’ve tried this GLAZED LEMON ZUCCHINI BREAD, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups cake flour*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- For The Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp milk
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir to equally incorporate and set aside.
- Add eggs to the bowl of a mixer and beat well. Continue mixing and in the oil and sugar until evenly combined. Next add in the lemon juice, buttermilk, and zest to the batter and blend until combined completely.
- Gently fold/blend in the zucchini until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and blend together until evenly combined.
- Add the batter into a greased 9×5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool some. While still warm, make glaze and spoon over the bread. Allow the bread to stand for a bit so that the glaze ‘sets’ before serving.