You guys are probably looking at these thinking, how did she dream up the combination of putting bacon cheeseburgers and egg rolls together? Well, its simple really.
Egg rolls are good. Bacon cheeseburgers are good. Together they’d have to be double good, right!?
Even better? Because these are baked, not fried, in moderation you can enjoy them without all the guilt one may, or may not, associate with enjoying one or more of their fried friends. While these egg rolls may seem more like a snack, they are so hearty they make a wonderful dinner as well.
They were so incredibly good, they tasted just like the real thing, without all the traditional fat and calories. They are so simple to prepare as well, let the kids help and earn their keep. I mean…spend valuable time bonding with you in the kitchen!
This American version of the classic Chinese egg roll is a perfect quick & easy recipe for a busy weeknight, or an awesome party or game day appetizer. Get everyone excited for your event with a batch of these baked bacon cheeseburger egg rolls!
Baked Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1 /2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 20 egg roll wrappers mine were 5″x5″
- cooking spray or olive oil
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, bacon and onion until cooked. Drain any grease.
- Add ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Lay each egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese and 1 1/2 tablespoons beef filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper. (If you don’t know how to roll an egg roll it usually shows on the package).m Place the wrapped egg rolls on a baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the outsides of the egg rolls with cooking spray OR brush on a light coating of olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with ketchup & mustard.
recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies