While we try to keep things ‘PG’ rated at best around these parts, occasionally (just occasionally, promise!) things may change. Like now.
Once upon a time, a quesadilla and pizza got together. They had a very lovely, love child. The Pizza-dilla.
And tummies and tastebuds rejoiced throughout the land and we all lived happily ever after!
Everything you love about a crispy, crunchy quesadilla oozing melted, cheesy goodness, but instead of stopping there it’s topped off like a pizza with tomato sauce, more cheese, and a few pepperonis for good measure.
These are a perfect thing to make with the kids. They’re easy to assemble and easy to cook, without a lot of parental assistance required. Helloooooo, Sous Chef Sunday!
2 tortillas. Regular size
1 cup cheddar or mozzarella, shredded
3 tbsp pizza sauce
1/2 cup cheddar or mozzarella, shredded
3 slices pepperoni
1 tbsp sliced black olives (optional)
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
2. Place one tortilla in the pan, sprinkle One cup of cheese evenly out over it, and top it with the second tortilla.
3. Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
4. Spread the pizza sauce over the top of the quesadilla followed by the mozzarella, pepperoni and olives.
5. Bake at 400 degrees just until the cheese on top has melted, about 5-10 minutes.