An all in one meal, this Pizza Pasta Salad blends all the flavors of our beloved supreme style pizza pie into a relatively simple pasta dish. It’s a perfect meal for busy nights that, while easy to throw together, is loaded with flavor.
If you haven’t noticed by now– things have been a bit slow around here lately. As in dropping from 3-4 posts a week down to 1, maybe 2 if I’m feeling really ambitious.
Part of this is due to the fact that it’s summer break with my kids and we’ve all needed a bit of a break and a recharge.
The other part is it’s crunch time for 3 out of the 4’s birthday’s and I need to focus on that as well. Bare with me until the beginning of September and we should be back up and running with your regularly scheduled posting program.
In the meantime, I will make sure that every post we do churn out is super fun and super yummy.
You know what doesn’t take a lot of time to whip up when you happen to be running short on it? Pasta salad. And when you’re trying to get it all together to throw a suitable meal on the table for your family when you’re under the gun?
It’s can be an all-in-one lifesaver of a meal. It’s so versatile, it can be as light or as hearty and your imagination (and your fridge and pantry shelves) allow.
Case in point, some days I want all the flavors of the much beloved pizza, but I don’t have the time. Other days, I want the lightness of a pasta salad meal, but I still want to get those heavy and heady flavors in. Pizza Pasta Salad fits the bill perfectly.
It’s simplicity makes it a great go-to for busy nights when you’re short on time, but don’t want a meal that’s running short on flavor. And my favorite part? Enjoying all those satisfying flavors of a supreme pizza without the delivery fee!
Pizza Pasta Salad
- a handful of grap tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 1/2 medium red onion diced or thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 bag of mini pepperoni or full size pepperonis, quartered
- 1 cup of cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chiffonne or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 lb of your favorite small pasta such as shells, farfalle, or rotini-- cooked
- 8 button mushrooms thinly sliced (optional)
- thinly sliced black olives
- For Dressing
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 heaping tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. As soon as it's done cooking strain the pasta and run it under cold water to stop cooking and allow it to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together all the veggies, pepperoni, cheese, basil, and pasta to combine them.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, add in the garlic salt, oregano, tomato paste, vinegar, and olive oil. Briskly whisk the ingredients together until they're evenly incorporated and the dressing is smooth. Stir the dressing into the pasta salad and toss until evenly incorporated and everything's well coated. Salt and pepper the pasta salad, to taste.
- Allow to chill for 2 hours or overnight.
Leave a Comment