Snag a few of those candy bars collected on Halloween and whip up one magical treat. These Butterfinger Cheesecake Brownies are a dessert worth drooling over. Fudgey brownies + a rich Butterfinger-flavored cheesecake swirl + a creamy peanut butter drizzle = a dessert lover’s dream come true.
So Halloween was last week. Let’s take a poll– how long did you wait until your shamelessly raided your kids haul? Me? Pssh– I didn’t do that!!
Yeah right, I made it until he went to bed and I ‘watched over it’ to avoid cavities and a sugar binge. Then I totally picked out my choice pieces.
I do try to limit myself to just a couple, and I never take a ‘full size’ bar because those are like little gold nuggets in your stash.
I’ll never forget the year my own Mom hid my littlest sisters candy, and somehow immediately forgot where she hid it.
We found it in the crockpot the following Summer when the first craving for barbecue hit. Said baby sister is now 22, and she still brings it up every year. She may still be mad, but the rest of us just laugh, and laugh, and laugh– Mom included!
Although it’s easy to laugh when it’s not your own candy that went MIA.
Luckily, I was able to persuade the sons to cough up a couple Butterfinger bars each with the promise of an even yummier dessert for their generosity.
Butterfinger Cheesecake Brownies. I’m just gonna let that sink in for a minute. And yes, they are just as magical as they sound.
Rich, fudgey chocolate brownies are topped with a silky smooth butterfinger-flavored cheesecake swirl. Finished off with a heaping helping of crumbled candy and a creamy peanut butter drizzle– these Butterfinger Cheesecake Brownies are the stuff edible dreams are made of.
If you’ve tried these BUTTERFINGER CHEESECAKE BROWNIES, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Butterfinger Cheesecake Brownies
- For the Brownies
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- For the Butterfinger Cheesecake
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 12 mini butterfinger bars roughly chopped
- For the Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- For the Brownie Batter
- Line an 8x8" square baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the butter and chocolate to a medium sized skillet, or a double boiler, and melt over medium heat-- stirring often until they're melted completely and smooth. Add the chocolate to the bowl of a stand mixer. Add in the sugar and beat until evenly incorporated. Add the eggs and yolk, again beating until smooth.
- Add in the salt and flour, beating just until completely incorporated into the batter. Transfer the batter into the baking dish, using a spatula to scrape out the bowl and then to gently smooth out the top of the batter.
- For the Butterfinger CheesecakeWash and dry the mixing bowl and return it to the stand. Whip the cream cheese until it's completely smooth and fluffy. Mix in the sugar and egg yolks, just until the mixture's smooth and creamy. Set aside 1/4 cup of the chopped candy, and stir the rest into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter. Drag a butter knife through the mixture slowly to create a marbled swirl. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until the edges are firm and the center is just set.
- Remove the cooked brownies from the oven. Let them cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before attempting to remove. Lift the cooling brownies out by the parchment paper and transfer them (still on the papeto a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- For the Peanut Butter Drizzle
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the peanut butter. Whisk in the sugar, stirring until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Cut the completely cooled cheesecake brownies into bars. Sprinkle the top of each bar with some of the chopped candy, then drizzle with the peanut butter glaze immediately before serving.
recipe adapted from Baker By Nature
Leave a Comment