I know, I know, there’s nothing at all healthy about the typical little candy corns I love to over indulge int, but here I can offset all the sugar — a little bit, anyway — with these inspired candy corn fruit parfaits.
The sons have been asking for this all week, for dessert! And any day I can pass off fruit as a delicious dessert, that they actually RE-request, is a great day.
And I know there’s those crazies (kidding!) out there who don’t particularly care for candy or sugary sweets. Well, this is a perfect sweet treat for them while still being able to be festive.
In all honesty though, candy corn just might be our favorite Halloween treat (well, aside from those fun-size Butterfinger bars) so it makes sense that we’d be all about a candy corn-inspired confection.
I mean it’s a fruit parfait that’s every bit as sweet and colorful as the real thing. The best part: they’re super easy to scare up!
Note to self: Monitor the sons when there’s a ratio involved between the fruit portion and the sugary one! They went a little cool-whip happy, but I can’t really blame them.
If you’ve tried these CANDY CORN FRUIT PARFAITS, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Candy Corn Fruit Parfaits
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in 100% juice I used 1 Dole fruit cup
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges in 100% juice I used 1 Dole fruit cup
- 1 small container of non-fat Cool Whip
- 2 small bowls or cups to assemble parfaits
- Strain the pineapples and Mandarin oranges. Spoon half of the pineapple chunks into the bottom of the dish, creating a solid layer.
- Spoon half of the Mandarin oranges on top of the pineapples.
- Top with a dollop (obviously the sons and I need to re-visit that definition), or two, of Cool Whip