A cremora tart is a creamy dessert with a no bake cheesecake-like filling made from powdered coffee cream. This quick dessert is perfect to satisfy any of your sweet cravings fast!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
When I’m in the mood for a creamy, quick tart, I often make this cremora tart recipe.
It is super easy and I often have the ingredients right on hand.
The secret of this recipe is the cremora or powdered coffee creamer.
I’m not exactly sure how it works, but when mixed together with some water, lemon juice, and sweetened condensed milk, it creates a decadently creamy filling.
Honestly the worst part of this recipe is having to wait for it to set.
That’s why I make it the night before, so it is ready the next day and I don’t have to be as patient!
Otherwise, I am tempted to eat it as is.
What is cremora tart?
Cremora tart is a super simple, no-bake dessert that uses powdered coffee creamer.
This treat originated in South Africa and is becoming more popular in the United States.
The tart requires very little prep time and uses shelf-stable ingredients like powdered coffee creamer, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice.
You can also customize this treat easily with fresh berries, different flavored creamers, or the toppings of your choice.
You’ll need two sets of ingredients for the crust and for the filling.
For the crust, make sure you have on hand:
- Graham cracker crumbs – You can purchase a box of crushed graham crackers or crush them yourselves in a food processor.
- Butter – You can use either salted or unsalted.
For the filling, you’ll need:
- Powder coffee creamer – You can pick your favorite brand and flavor for this, though I often use a basic flavor.
- Sweetened condensed milk – You really cannot substitute this with other milk because they don’t have the same amount of sugar.
- Fresh lemon juice – This helps boost the flavor for the tarts.
How to make
To make this incredibly yummy dessert start by making the crust.
For the crust, add the graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until you get about 1 cup of crumbs.
Next, add in the melted butter and pulse until well combined. If you use crushed graham crackers, you can skip to pulsing with the butter.
Next, dump the graham crackers into the springform and use the back of a spoon to push it down evenly to form a crust.
Just make sure to bring the crumbs up the sides about 1 inch.
Once you’re done with the crust, stir the coffee creamer and water in a large bowl until well combined.
Then, whisk in the sweetened condensed milk.
Finally, gradually stir in the lemon juice. The filling will start to thicken.
When it is ready, pour the filling into the prepared crust and cover with cling wrap.
Place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, but I recommend letting it set overnight.
Serving and storing
You should serve tarts cold from the fridge.
This needs at least 6 hours to set, but when ready, you can serve with whipped cream, fresh fruit topping, caramel, fudge, nuts, or any combination of your favorite toppings.
To store, you can place the tart in an air tight container and leave in the fridge for about 4 to 6 days.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to spray the pan well with nonstick spray to prevent sticking.
- Use different flavored coffee creamers to give it a slightly different taste.
- Add your favorite toppings like fresh berries or canned pie fillings for added flavor.
Other Easy Tart Recipes
This cremora tart creates a luscious pie that’s very similar to a no bake cheesecake.
Make it tonight before you go to bed so you can have a delicious treat ready to go tomorrow!
If you easy tart recipes, check out these other great ideas:
If you’ve tried these CREMORA TARTS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
For The Crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tablespoons butter- melted
For The Filling:
- 2 cups powder coffee creamer
- ½ cup water
- 1 8 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Add graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until you get about 1 cup of crumbs. Add in melted butter and pulse until well combined.
- Prepare a 7” springform pan (you can also use a 6”) by spraying generously with non-stick spray. Dump the graham crackers into the springform and use the back of a spoon to form a crust. Be sure to bring the crumbs up the sides about 1 inch.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the coffee creamer and water and stir until combined.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and whisk until combined.
- Add the lemon juice gradually stirring in between. The mixture will slowly start to thicken.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and cover with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours but it is recommended to refrigerate overnight.
- Once the tart is set, take a butterknife, and run under hot water, wipe off any remaining water and carefully take the knife around the edges of the cheesecake to remove from pan.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.