This boozy strawberry margarita poke cake has the flavors of a strawberry margarita in a delicious, easy to make cake. Using some simple hacks, this poke cake recipe turns a box of cake mix into a special dessert, perfect for Cinco de Mayo or any summer occasion.
There are two things I love when the weather warms up. Margaritas and easy desserts. This strawberry margarita poke cake combines both of those loves into one fabulous treat.
Are you familiar with poke cakes? I’m a big fan of them and have made several including this s’mores poke cake, a peaches and sweet cream poke cake, and a red, white, and blue poke cake.
Basically a poke cake is a cake baked in a 9×13 casserole dish that you poke holes into after it’s cooled. Then you pour yummy fillings into the holes and cover the top of the cake with whipped topping.
For this boozy strawberry margarita poke cake, you fill the holes in the cake with Ready to Mix Jose Cuervo Drink Strawberry Lime Margarita drink. Plus the creamy strawberry margarita whipped topping will seep into the holes. This combination of flavors gives this poke cake a creamy frozen drink feel, but in cake form. It’s fantastic.
Making this boozy strawberry margarita poke cake is not difficult at all. Just mix up a box of strawberry cake mix according to the directions on the package. Pour the batter into a a 9×13 baking dish and bake according to the package instructions. Then let the cake cool.
When the cake is cool, use the end of a wooden skewer to poke holes into the cake. Then pour half a cup of the strawberry margarita drink over the cake. The strawberry margarita drink will seep into the cake, making it so moist.
After that, you just whip together the vanilla pudding mix with the remaining half cup of strawberry margarita drink and almond milk. Then just fold in the whipped topping and spread the whole mixture over the cake,
The delicious, boozy but creamy topping sinks into the holes in the boozy strawberry margarita poke cake completing it. Then it’s time to top with strawberry and lime slices before you enjoy.
Other Yummy Margarita Themed Treats To Enjoy:
- Spicy Mango Margarita Creamsicles
- Salted Margarita Cupcakes with Tequila Lime Buttercream Frosting
- Strawberry Margaritas
- 1 strawberry cake mix prepared as directed on package instructions
- 1 3.5 ounce box vanilla pudding
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup Ready to Jose Cuervo Drink Strawberry Lime Margarita divided
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping thawed
- 16 ounces strawberries chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Lime slices and strawberry slices to garnish
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Allow to partially cool on a wire rack.
- Poke holes with a fork or wooden skewer.
- Pour 1/2 cup Jose Cuervo Drink Strawberry Lime Margarita over the holes in the cake, allowing it to soak up.
- Mix together vanilla pudding mix with almond milk and ½ Jose Cuervo Strawberry Lime Margarita. Fold in whipped topping with strawberries and lime zest. Spread this on top of the cake.
- Garnish with limes and strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving.
Leave a Comment