A rich broth is filled with barbecue chicken flavor and chock full of yummy ‘toppings’, like sweet corn, red onion, rotisserie chicken, mozzarella cheese, and cilantro leaves. This slow cooker Barbecue Chicken Pizza Soup is a yummy, innovative hybrid dish.
I love pizza. And I’ve no shame in admitting that we eat it at least three times a month. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
It just depends, especially when you take into consideration that in our house- pizza, or one of our versions of it, is acceptable for any meal of the day.
I’ve even experimented, with great success, with warping our favorite pizza flavors into different dishes.
Take our Meat Lover’s Pizza Casserole for example. Or this dip. Even this yummy pull -apart appetizer bread. But I must say my triumph was discovering the best way to get those same flavors I love in liquid form.
This is exactly how we came to know and love this Barbecue Chicken Pizza Soup.
This is everything you love about barbecue chicken pizza,but in a pot that’s full of slurpin’ fun. A barbecue and chicken stock base are studded with chunks of rotisserie chicken, diced red onion, and flecks of golden corn.
Topped with a drizzle of savory barbecue sauce, each bowl’s finished off with a garnish of shredded mozzarella and fresh cilantro leaves.
When the weather turns cold turn to a bowl of this warm Barbecue Chicken Pizza Soup.
If you’ve tried this SLOW COOKER BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA SOUP, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Pizza Soup
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion diced
- 5 tsp minced garlic
- 24 oz frozen sweet yellow corn
- 1 1/4 cup traditional BBQ sauce
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- mozzarella cheese cilantro and additional diced red onion, to garnish
- To the bowl of your slow cooker, add all of the ingredients-- except for cilantro and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board and chop them into roughly bite-sized. Transfer them back to the slow cooker and stir everything to combine.
- Ladle the soup into individual bowls and top with mozzarella cheese. Let the bowls 'rest' for a minute, just until the cheese starts to melt. Drizzle with extra barbecue, and some extra red onion, and a sprinkle of cilantro, to taste.
recipe adapted from Melanie Makes