This Asian Style Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad, tossed in a sesame oil and soy sauce-based dressing, is a refreshing, Asian-inspired side dish perfect for picnics. This is great for lunch, a light main meal, or even a supper-time side dish. Serve it for the family, or make it ahead for your next barbecue.
Do you ever roast a whole chicken, and then wonder what you’re going to do with all the leftover meat after dinner is over?
This is perfect for a chicken dinner day after. Pick those bones clean! Don’t let anything go to waste.
As my mom always said, ‘A penny saved is a penny earned.’
That, and some juicy, leftover pieces from your roast chicken would be the perfect reason to whip up this dish.
Vegetarian or looking for a meatless meal idea? Omit the chicken. All the original tangy flavors will still infiltrate every bite.
Summer will be here before we know it, and this quick, colorful, and oh-so tasty cold, oriental noodle salad will pair perfectly with the season!
If you’ve tried this ASIAN STYLE CHICKEN SPINACH PASTA SALAD, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups diced or shredded, cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper strips optional
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water to stop it cooking, stirring occasionally. Set aide once the pasta's cool to the touch.
- Let a medium sized skillet heat up over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds, and cook stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Add the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, salt & pepper to a large mixing bowl, and whisk together until the vinaigrette is evenly incorporated and smooth.
- Add the pasta to the mixing bowl, and toss together until the pasta's evenly coated.
- Stir in the chicken, cilantro, spinach, carrots, and peppers, if using. Toss and serve.