This Asian Style Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad, tossed in a sesame oil and soy sauce-based dressing, is a refreshing, Asian-inspired side dish perfect for picnics. This is great for lunch, a light main meal, or even a supper-time side dish. Serve it for the family, or make it ahead for your next barbecue.
Do you ever roast a whole chicken, and then wonder what you’re going to do with all the leftover meat after dinner is over?
This is perfect for a chicken dinner day after. Pick those bones clean! Don’t let anything go to waste.
As my mom always said, ‘A penny saved is a penny earned.’
That, and some juicy, leftover pieces from your roast chicken would be the perfect reason to whip up this dish.
Vegetarian or looking for a meatless meal idea? Omit the chicken. All the original tangy flavors will still infiltrate every bite.
Summer will be here before we know it, and this quick, colorful, and oh-so tasty cold, oriental noodle salad will pair perfectly with the season!
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups diced or shredded, cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper strips optional
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water to stop it cooking, stirring occasionally. Set aide once the pasta's cool to the touch.
- Let a medium sized skillet heat up over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds, and cook stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Add the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, salt & pepper to a large mixing bowl, and whisk together until the vinaigrette is evenly incorporated and smooth.
- Add the pasta to the mixing bowl, and toss together until the pasta's evenly coated.
- Stir in the chicken, cilantro, spinach, carrots, and peppers, if using. Toss and serve.