Creamy white Christmas punch is pretty non alcoholic drink to serve this holiday season. This tasty treat that looks like snow will be the hit of any holiday celebration.
If I had to pick a favorite Christmas song, it would definitely be White Christmas.
Something about Bing Crosby crooning about snowy scenes just gets me in the holiday mood.
Since snow is hit or miss for us at Christmastime, I like to find other ways to bring the snowy mood to the table.
This creamy white Christmas punch does just that with it’s clouds of snow-like sweet froth that you and your family will love sipping on.
What is White Christmas punch?
White Christmas punch is this foamy treat that combines vanilla ice cream with lemon lime soda, a hint of almond flavor and simple syrup.
The result is a sweet dessert drink that looks just like snow and tastes a bit like an ice cream soda.
To make this punch recipe you need:
- Sugar– Granulated sugar to dissolve into simple syrup
- Evaporated milk
- Almond extract– you could substitute out vanilla extract if you prefer
- Vanilla ice cream– Don’t use other flavors of ice cream for this. Vanilla will give this punch the snowy look.
- Lemon Lime Soda– I like to use 7 up but Sprite or another lemon lime soda would work as well
- Whipped cream and sprinkles– to make it look extra festive when serving
How to Make
It’s not hard to make this and be on your way to the merriest punch you can make.
To do it, start by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan on the stove.
Heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Once the sugar dissolves, set the mixture aside and let it cool.
When it cools, stir in the evaporated milk and the almond extract.
Then, pour the sugar mixture into a large punch bowl.
Add the ice cream into the bowl in small scoops, slightly mashing it as you add it.
Next, pour the soda in, gently stirring as you pour.
Ladle the punch into cups and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Can I make this ahead of time?
I wouldn’t make this until just prior to the start of the party or dinner.
However, if you want to keep the punch chilled over the course of an entire dinner or party there are two options.
You could sit the punch bowl in a larger bowl of ice to keep it cold.
It also works to freeze some of the soda into ice cubes and adding them to the punch just before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- You can be double or even triple this recipe to serve larger crowds/gatherings.
- Both cherry and cranberry flavored lemon lime sodas will work in this recipe.
- For a boozy version of this punch, you could spike it with vanilla vodka or vanilla liqueur.
Spike this punch: best ways to turn it into a cocktail
Punch is a great, fun option to serve at parties and get togethers.
It’s typically easy to adapt to fit any occasion’s theme, and makes a beautiful addition to a drink or dessert table when served in a pretty punch bowl.
Punch also makes for a fun & festive cocktail when spiked with the right alcohol.
If serving the punch to a family crowd, leave the actual punch bowl alone so it’s safe for any age level guest.
Instead, provide a couple of alcoholic options so that guests 21+ may spike their own individual drinks with their preference.
For an all adult crowd, you can serve it the same way- again, because options are always great.
Or you can pick your favorite alcohol and spike the whole bowl.
For spiking individual glasses we recommend 1oz of alcohol, no more.
For the whole punch recipe, no more than 3/4-1 cup of alcohol should be added to the bowl.
Either way, gently stir it to combine and enjoy immediately.
Varieties of alcohol that pair perfectly with this punch recipe:
- rum, light or dark will both work
- flavored alcohols, such as whipped cream vodka, a citrus infused vodka
As long as it’s a variety you love, you can’t go wrong with using it to spike this creamy Christmas punch recipe.
Other Festive Punch Recipes You Might Like
This creamy white Christmas punch is sure to be a family favorite this holiday season.
Make it and give all your guests a taste of a white Christmas.
Looking for other festive punch recipes?
If you’ve tried these CREAMY WHITE CHRISTMAS PUNCH, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Creamy White Christmas Punch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 6 tbsp (3 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp almond extract can substitute vanilla extract
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 2 liter 7 up soda
- whipped cream for garnish
- sprinkles for garnish
- Add the sugar & water to a small sauce pan on the stove. Heat, stirring occasionally, just until the sugar's dissolved.
- Set the mixture aside, and let it cool. Once cool, stir in the milk and extract until combined.
- Pour the sugar mixture into a large punch bowl. Add the ice cream into the punch bowl in small scoops, mashing up slightly as added.
- Slowly pour the soda in, gently stirring as you do.
- Ladle the punch into cups, garnish with whipped cream & sprinkles if using, and serve immediately.
recipe adapted from Creations By Kara