Get your favorite fast food sandwich fix without ever leaving the house. A Copy Cat Arby’s Beef N’ Cheddar tastes just like the original, but it’s ready in a flash with ingredients already in your kitchen.
One of my favorite fast food sandwiches is the Arby’s Beef ‘N Cheddar. Mmm, with it’s roast beef smothered in a magical golden cheese sauce, and buns topped with tangy Arby’s sauce. It’s a thing of beauty.
The problem is that is physically pains me to pay for fast food when I can make something of equal or greater quality and taste at home. My husband, a die-hard Arby’s flavor fanatic, agreed this sandwich is an Arby’s clone.
I have a confession to make…I haven’t been completely honest with you. These don’t taste like the Arby’s beef & cheddar sandwiches we all know and love.
These taste better!! It’s the same great flavor you love, but without any of the old greasy taste.
Also, if you don’t feel like mixing up your own Arby’s sauce, you can sub Catalina dressing. I have it on good authority that that’s actually the secret, much
coveted loved, Arby’s sauce.
Pony on up to the table, because this Copy Cat Arby’s Beef N’ Cheddar sandwich is where the party is at.
Fluffy onion buns are spread with a robust house sauce, piled high with thinly sliced roast beef, and dripping with an addicting cheese sauce. It is the most spot-on copycat of one of our favorite restaurant sandwiches.
You don’t have to get dressed up. Shoot, you don’t even have to put on pants if you don’t want to. Enjoy your favorite, meaty, cheesy fast food sandwich at home- in a snap.
Copy Cat Arby's Beef N' Cheddar
- 4 onion buns
- 1 lb thinly sliced, deli roast beef
- 5 slices American cheese
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
For The Arby's Signature Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- pinch of salt
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the meat and place a lid over the top, and then turn the heat to medium low.
- Meanwhile, stir together the Arby's sauce ingredients and spread on the buns.
- In a pot on the stove on medium-low heat, add cheese, milk, garlic powder, and pepper and stir until completely melted and evenly combined.
- Place the meat on the buns, add the cheese sauce, and a little more Arby's sauce (if desired). Top the sandwiches off with their other half.
- Serve immediately, with curly fries, for an authentic in-home Arby's experience.
Have you tried making your own fast food favorites at home? We’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
Pictures updated 3/12/17