Take your veggies to the next level by combining them together, adding in a little cheese, and crisping them up in golden brown fried form. Served with a little plain yogurt for dipping, these carrot zucchini feta fritters are a delicious Summer side dish & a great way to sneak several extra helpings of vegetables into your day.
Fritters are such a wonderfully fun finger food. They make a great, not to mention satisfying, vegetarian main meal. They’re a great party food. Heck, they’re even great when taken on a picnic.
Yes, my picnic baskets often include foods that are ‘out of the back’. Fried chicken and ham and cheese sandwiches are for sissys, my picnic needs some action.
Flavor action to be specific, and carrot zucchini feta fritters are packin it.
Shredded carrot and zucchini, a handful of diced sweet peppers, and a little bit of batter, and you’ve got these lightly (pan)fried golden veggie patties that are too good to put down.
Seriously, I need a reminder or something. A ribbon tied around my finger, a remembrall (lookin’ at you my fellow Potter fans!), something.
Sharing is caring and one serving, or two ‘patties’ IS enough. Serve these carrot zucchini feta fritters with a little sauce of your choosing, but we’ve found they pair best for our palettes with plain, creamy yogurt for dipping.
Want to really treat yourself? Serve em up hot with a mint yogurt sauce and prepare to be floored. As in your jaw is gonna drop, and you might need help picking it up off of the floor.
If you’ve tried this CARROT ZUCCHINI FETA FRITTERS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Carrot Zucchini Feta Fritters
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 eggs
- 5 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt depending on how salty your feta is
- 5 tbsp crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup olive oil for frying
- Salt the zucchini and carrot with about roughly 1 teaspoon of salt and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Take a handful of the veggies and remove the excess juice from them by ringing them out with your hands.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl.
- To the eggs, add the flour, grated veggies, diced pepper, salt and feta in this order and stir together just until evenly combined.
- Finally add in the baking powder and stir to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons of the batter into the skillet. Drop as many mounds as your skillet can take.
- Flatten slightly and fry 3 minutes on each side or until golden-brown and crispy.
- Transfer them onto a paper towel to soak up any excess oil, and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm or cold, with yogurt.
recipe adapted from Give Recipe