Homemade donuts have never been easier than with these Quick & Easy Apple Cider Glazed Donuts. Tossed in a cinnamon sugar coating and drizzled with a warm apple cider glaze each bite is melt in your mouth perfection. They’re the perfect way to celebrate one of your favorite Fall fruits.
What is it about donuts that makes them so magically delicious?!
And nobody in our family is immune to their allure. Seriously, they have like this Siren song that calls to us. My kid’s won’t have even been invited to the grocery store with me (it’s my only ‘me’ time somdays, and secretly my happy place- SAHM probs, lol).
Let me come home with them tucked away in my brown paper bags, and my kids are like little bloodhounds on a mission.
It never fails. It also never ceases to surprise me, even after years and years.
Donuts come in all shapes, sizes, and forms and we don’t discriminate. We love em all. However, I don’t always have the time, or let’s be honest- the energy, to make them from scratch.
The same goes for driving to our favorite sugary ‘shack’ to get a box of assorted specialty flavors and fun finds.
What’s a gal to do then to get her finger lickin’ fix then?
You have a genius hack on hand for a quick & easy version that’s ready in just minutes.
You could call this a ‘cheater’ version, but cheating is bad and strongly discourage in our house. I’m sure it is in yours too.
What the kids don’t know won’t hurt them, right? Especially if a delicious pastry is involved? It’s all for the love of donuts, so it’s all good in my book. Besides, we’re not breaking any rules.
I’ll just make sure to tuck Grandma’s recipe box back up on the cupboard shelf before getting started. Wouldn’t want her to think I’d totally lost my way around a from scratch recipe!
Refrigerated biscuit dough, that’s all you need to keep on hand for a quick, tasty donut treat. If only someone had shared this secret with me years ago!
We’re here to remedy that though for as many other Moms, kids, people in general as possible.
With a few simple ingredients, not only can you be enjoying freshly fried homemade donuts- but Quick & Easy Apple Cider Glazed Donuts!
Cut out of canned refrigerator biscuit dough, these Quick & Easy Apple Cider Glazed Donuts fry up into crisp, melt in your mouth donuts that dreams are made of. Dipped in a light cinnamon sugar coating, they’re drizzled with a warm apple cider glaze for a Fall donut that’ll hit the spot any time of day- morning, noon, or night.
Fresh donuts whenever you want, without ever having to load up the kids or even leave the house. Dreams really do come true!
If you’ve tried these EASY APPLE CIDER GLAZED DONUTS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Quick & Easy Apple Cider Glazed Donuts
- 1 16.3 oz can refrigerated biscuit dough, NOT flaky or butter flavored
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp warm apple cider
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- canola oil, for frying
- In a dutch oven, or cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until the oil reaches 350 degrees.
- In a small, shallow bowl, use a fork to whisk together the regular sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the cider and powdered sugar until the glaze is smooth and completely incorporated.
- Separate the dough into the 8 precut biscuits. Using a small cutter, like a large water bottle lid, cut out holes in the middle. Save the circles for donut holes.
- Working in batches of 2-3, add the dough to the hot oil, frying each side until golden brown. Remove the cooked donuts to paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Carefully transfer the warm donuts to the cinnamon sugar mixture and gently toss to coat evenly. Transfer the coated donuts to a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining biscuit dough until all the donuts are cooked, coated, and cooled.
- Drizzle the warm apple cider glass out evenly over the donuts, and serve immediately.