In my effort to cut costs everywhere I can, and to be as all natural as possible on our families budget, I decided to stop buying store bought dish detergent and see if I could replicate it for minimal cost and still get great results.
This at all natural homemade dishwasher detergent uses only 3 ingredients, which I keep on hand and only takes a few minutes to whip up.
Using equal parts of the two main ingredients, I can make as much or as little as I need.
My favorite part, each load only costs pennies!
My dishes even seem to be cleaner than when I previously used a store bought detergent.
A cheap way to achieve sparkling results? Yes, please!
- washing soda
- lemon flavored kool aid packet optional
- Mix equal parts borax and washing soda together. Make sure it’s equal parts.
- If using, add in kool aid packet.
- Stir until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Transfer detergent into a storage container.
- Use 2 tbsp per load.