A cookies and cream Peeps cheeseball is a sweet treat dip perfect for your Easter brunch. This dessert will be the talk of the brunch and is sure to impress your family and friends.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I adore making fun cheeseballs especially for holidays.
I have a whole bunch of festive, shaped cheese balls for the holidays.
My family absolutely loves this Peep shaped cheeseball.
It makes a great center piece on the table that you then get to eat for dessert.
If you love cookies and cream flavor, then you are going to love this cheeseball.
You’ll need to have the following ingredients on hand when you are ready to make this cheeseball dessert.
- Cream Cheese – Soften this to room temperature.
- Butter – Let it come to room temperature first.
- White Cake Mix – This helps bring the cheese ball together and provides extra sweetness and flavor.
- Sugars – Both granulated and powdered sugar.
- Oreos – You’ll need to run them through a food processor.
- Coconut Flakes – This provide some flavor and decor for the ball.
- Food Coloring – I like to use purple, yellow, pink, or green so the ball looks the most like a Peep head.
- Chocolate Chips – These provide the eyes and a nose for the Peep face
- Vanilla Wafers and Oreos – These are our preferred dippers, but you could use just about any firm cookie.
How to make
To start, blend together your cream cheese, butter, and granulated sugar until well combined with a hand mixer.
Next, add in the cake mix, powdered sugar, and processed Oreos crumbs and mix and knead until well combined.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the food coloring and coconut until they are the color you want them to be.
When your coconut is colored, divide your cheeseball into one large ball, one medium ball, and two medium size ovals.
Next, assemble into a bunny shape, as shown, and flatten.
Once the shape is formed, cover in your dyed coconut flakes.
Finally, add your chocolate chips for eyes and a nose.
Serve with the vanilla wafers, Oreos, and other favorite cookies and enjoy!
Serving and storing
You can serve this dip as soon as you make it or you can store until you are ready for it.
It is the perfect make ahead Easter brunch dessert because you can make it the night before easily and store in the fridge.
To store, loosely cover with plastic wrap or place in a large container and place in the fridge.
When serving, make sure you have plenty of vanilla wafers, Oreos, Milanos, or your favorite cookies to dip into the ball.
Tips and tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind when making these sweet cheeseball.
- I like to use spring time colors that Peeps often have, like purple, yellow, green, or pink.
- Don’t sweat if you can’t get the shape 100% correct, it will still taste amazing!
- Make the Peep shaped cheeseball the night before your Easter get together to save time in the morning.
Other Easter Desserts You Will Love
This cookies and cream Peeps cheeseball will make an adorable and delicious centerpiece for your Easter dessert table.
Your family is sure to love this tasty treat.
If you are looking for more adorable Easter desserts try these:
- Easter Egg Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cadbury Egg Cookies
- German Fried Egg Cake
- Bunny Butt Chocolate Cheesecake Dessert Cheese Ball
- Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Pudding Trifles
If you’ve tried this COOKIES AND CREAM PEEPS CHEESEBALL, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Cookies & Cream Peeps Dessert Cheeseball
- 1 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 3/4 cups White Cake Mix
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 a cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup of Oreos processed
- Coconut Flakes
- Food Coloring
- 3 Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Wafers and Oreos for dipping
- Start by blending together your cream cheese, butter, and granulated sugar, until well combined.
- Add in your cake mix, powdered sugar, and processed Oreos.
- Mix and knead until well combined.
- Add your coconut into a large mixing bowl. Add food coloring until you achieve the color you want. I used purple.
- Divide your cheeseball into one large ball, one medium ball, and two medium size ovals.
- Assemble into a bunny shape, as shown, and flatten.
- Cover in your dyed coconut flakes.
- Add your chocolate chips for eyes and a nose.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.
Leave a Comment