Chocolate chip cookie icebox tiramisu is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth this summer. With layers of coffee soaked cookies and fluffy whipped cream, this twist on the Italian dessert classic is a surefire winner.
Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean I don’t want my daily sweet treat.
The only thing it means is that I’m less likely to turn on my oven when it’s hot and sunny out.
I’d rather have a cool treat like homemade ice cream or when I feel like changing up my dessert game: icebox cakes like this chocolate chip cookie ice box tiramisu.
What is an Icebox Cake?
There are tons of different varieties of icebox cakes, but normally an icebox cake involves layers of cookies or wafers and whipped cream.
Sometimes these cakes will have fruit, nuts or other toppings mixed into the layers as well.
Icebox cakes are no bake, but come together by setting in the fridge or freezer for several hours after assembly.
What is Tiramisu?
So now that you know what an icebox cake is, let’s talk about tiramisu.
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert consisting of layers of coffee soaked, sponge cake like cookies called ladyfingers and layers of sweet whipped marscapone cheese.
Marscapone cheese is a very mild, creamy Italian cream cheese.
Sometimes you’ll see variations on this dessert that used whipped cream instead of the marscapone filling between layers.
This chocolate chip cookie icebox tiramisu is a variation of tiramisu that substitutes chocolate chip cookies for the ladyfingers.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Icebox Tiramisu
If you are looking for the perfect beginner dessert recipe to make, look no further!
This icebox tiramisu is so easy and requires no baking, mixing, or cooking whatsoever. All you need to do is assemble the layers.
To make this icebox tiramisu, start by spreading out a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom of your baking dish.
Then dunk a chocolate chip cookie into cooled coffee. Place the cookie flat on the whipped cream.
Repeat until you’ve covered the whipped cream layer with chocolate chip cookies.
Next, spread more whipped cream over the layer of cookies.
Then repeat the process of dunking cookies in coffee and layering them on top of the whipped cream and spreading whipped cream layers until you have a total of 3 layers each of whipped cream and cookies.
Finish by spreading a final layer of whipped cream on top and spreading it smoothly over the top.
Then cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for 4-5 hours or until frozen through.
When you are ready to serve the cake, take it out of the freezer and remover the cling wrap.
Then liberally grate chocolate over the top of the cake, spreading evenly. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Icebox Tiramisu
This chocolate chip cookie icebox tiramisu is so easy, but follow these tips and tricks for a winning dessert each time.
- Use your favorite brewed coffee, but make it strong so the flavor comes through.
- Let the coffee cool before dipping the cookies in so the whipped cream doesn’t melt.
- Store bought chocolate chip cookies are fine in this, but you can use your favorite, completely cooled homemade cookies instead.
Other Icebox Cakes You Might Love
This chocolate chip cookie icebox tiramisu perfectly blends the classic Italian dessert with a summertime American favorite. Make this the next time you want to satisfy your sweet tooth and enjoy!
Looking for other delicious icebox cakes? Try these:
If you’ve tried these CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ICEBOX TIRAMISU, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Box Tiramisu
- 6 cups whipped cream
- chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 chocolate bar shaved
- 1 1/2 cups strong coffee
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Dip each chocolate chip cookie in the coffee, just for a second or two.
- Place the dipped cookies into an even layer out over top of the whipped cream in a single layer.
- Repeat each layer two more times, for a total of three layers each.
- Finish by spreading on a final layer of whipped cream. Spread it smoothly out over top.
- Cover the dish tightly with cling wrap and freeze (flat) for 4-5 hours, or until frozen through.
- Remove the icebox cake from the freezer, and remove the cling wrap. Using the smallest holes on a cheese grater, grate the chocolate bar and spread the shavings judiciously out over top of the cake.
- Slice the cake and serve. Enjoy!