Some days I seriously don’t think I’d survive without my quick one pot meals. Seriously. With everything life throws at me some days having these quick and easy meals the whole family can get behind is my saving grace. It may not be actual tacos, but it tastes just as good without all the chopping, dicing, etc. Give it a try and this recipe for 15 Minute Taco Pasta will soon be just as stained and well-worn as some of the other quick and easy family favorites in your recipe binder.
Over the years we’ve come up with some real one-pot winners too. There’s Cajun Chicken Alfredo, Balsamic Chicken & Veggies, and even Dirty Rice. They’ve all got one thing in common– great flavors combined in one pot and able to go from the pot to the table in under 30 minutes, which is huge when you’re busy and under the gun to get dinner done before the bedtime routine starts.
This dish is no different. We’ve loaded a pot with all the Tex Mex flavors that we adore in our tacos, but with a few changes for quick one
shop pot shopping. Did you ever think a family dinner could be so easy? I know just a few years ago I didn’t, but all the kids happy with full bellies and only one pot for me to clean up afterwards? That sounds like a darn miracle to me.
Fettucine pasta noodles and seasoned ground beef are smothered in a yummy spiced taco sauce and studded with black beans, corn kernels, sweet bell peppers, green chiles, and diced tomatoes and topped with fresh sliced green onions. It’s a bowl full of bold South-western flavors all cooked up in one single pot for a fun family meal with this 15 minute taco pasta..
- 12 oz fettuccine noodles
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 5 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large red or orange pepper, diced
- 10 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4-1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 3 cups beef broth
- fresh, chopped cilantro, or thinly sliced green onions, to garnish (optional)
- Break the fettucine noodles in half. Place the noodles, diced tomatoes, green chilies, onion, bell pepper, black beans, frozen corn, taco seasoning, taco sauce, and the ground beef into a Dutch oven or other large soup pot. Add the ground beef and stir the ingredients in the pot to evenly incorporate.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately turn the heat down to simmer over medium-heat. Let the mixture simmer for 15-minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the pasta is tender with no lid.
- Serve the pasta topped with fresh cilantro and/or sliced green onions.