I love making spooky treats for the boys to enjoy and get them in the ‘mood’ for Halloween. When I came across this recipe for Monster Munch I made it immediately. It was a huge hit and has already become a new tradition. It made the perfect snack to enjoy while watching a Halloween movie marathon, including two of my personal favorites: Hocus Pocus & ParaNorman. Sweet & spooky, this Monster Munch is a Halloween must have.
P.S. Check out the cute little cardboard cartons I found to serve the monster munch in! Wilton makes and sells them in a four pack and they were just too adorable not to buy. Not pictured, but also included, was a mummy and a skeleton. They were on sale in the Halloween section of Kroger for $1! In hind sight I probably should have snagged a couple of packs. That settles it, back to Kroger I go!
recipe from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup Wilton orange candy melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton black candy melts
- 1/2 cups candy corn M&M’s
- 1/2 cup candy corn
- edible monster eyes
- Cover a 9X13 baking sheet with waxed paper. Make popcorn and lay a single layer on covered baking sheet.
- Melt the candy melts in separate bowls over a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir frequently until completely melted.
- Pour the candy melts into disposable piping bags or thick ziploc bags. Use a napkin or towel to hold the bag if it’s too hot. Snip off the tip of the bags. Drizzle black candy melts evenly onto popcorn.
- Add the candy, except the edible eyes, spreading evenly over the drizzled popcorn. Drizzle the orange candy melts over the candy. Gently place eyes where you want them to go. Allow to cool then break apart and enjoy!