Warmer weather means getting together with good friends and soaking in the afternoon sunshine or enjoying the special light from the days last rays. Pair those moments with a special cold concoction. Frozen Peach White Wine Slushies are an almost effortless cold cocktail. Your favorite fruity wine and juicy frozen peaches are a match made in slushie heaven.
I can never get enough of my children’s laughter. Giggles, guffaws. Hoots and hollers. These kids laughter is one of the most precious sounds that I’ve ever had the miracle to hear. And there’s never more laughter than when we’re all together taking in a beautiful day– alone or with friends. The neighbors swing by, kids are running around playing tag and there’s a heap of bikes in the yard. Soon they’ll be chasing fireflies in the moonlight.
With that fun and fellowship, the Mom’s like to kick back and soak up all those happy smiles, the laughter, and enjoy a yummy drink. In the Winter months that’s a tall glass of our favorite vintage– but when the weather warms up … we switch things up. Transforming our glass of wine into an extra fruity cold slushie cocktail. Same glass of wine, but infused with added fruit and even more refreshing in it’s now dessert-like state.
Blending the frozen fruit into the chilled wine turns a simple glass of vino into a delicious adult dessert drink. Almost like very tasty, slightly naughty soft sorbet. It’s an irresistible, sip-able treat that you’re going to want to share. And who better to share it with than good friends and neighbors while you all kick back and take in the sounds of your kids playing and the fresh air.
- 2 cups chilled fruity white wine, like Sauvignon Blanc or Moscato
- 2-3 cups of frozen peaches
- sliced peaches for serving, optional
- Combine the wine and frozen peaches in the blender and blend until the mixture's purified and smooth.
- If the mixture is too warm and/or liquefied, place it in the freezer and stir every 30 minutes until a perfect slushy texture forms, or you can add a few more frozen peaches for a quick fix.
- This batch serves two, but is easily doubled using the whole bottle of wine and additional fruit to serve four!
- If you want to enjoy this treat with the kids, or if you're catering to a crowd that can't have alcohol, substitute a good white grape juice for the wine for a yummy Shirley Temple version.