Peach Basil Chicken Salad
Peach basil chicken salad is the chicken salad recipe you need in your life this summer. Bursting with sweet ripe peaches and summer basil, this twist on traditional recipes is a fresh change that makes lunch a delightful treat.
For The Chicken Salad
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 ripe peaches peeled & diced
- 3 ribs celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch green onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
For The Dressing
- 1 ripe peach peeled & quartered
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- pinch tarragon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
To Make The Salad
Add the chicken, peaches, celery, green onion, and red pepper to a large mixing bowl.
Toss to evenly combine. Set aside.
To Make The Dressing
Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
Blend on high speed until the mixture's pureed.
Pour this dressing out over the salad ingredients. Stirring until everything's well coated & evenly mixed.
Cover the mixing bowl with cling wrap, and refrigerate the chicken salad overnight.
Serve on sandwich bread, rolls, lettuce leaves, or with crackers.