Fiesta Tuna Salad Sliders
A quick & easy tuna salad tops soft slider buns with crisp lettuce and spicy pepper jack cheese for the perfect hand held lunch to put a little 'fiesta' in your day.
- 6 cans 5 oz each, water-packed tuna or albacore, drained and flaked
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 12 slider buns or more depending on how 'stuffed' your buns are
- 12 slices of pepper jack cheese
- lettuce leaves
In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Set the tuna salad in the refrigerator to 'chill'.
Once the tuna salad is cold, spread it over the bun bottoms. Top each with a slice of cheese and some lettuce.
Put the tops back on, and serve!