Slow Cooker Texas Style Barbecue Brisket Sandwiches
Crockpot brisket sandwiches feature tender beef smothered in Texas style barbecue sauce and piled high on fluffy buns. Easy enough for any day, these sandwiches are a filling meal that’s finger lickin’ good.
- 1 3 1/2 lb beef brisket, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 18 oz jar hickory smoke flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaping tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 14 fluffy buns, cut in half
Place the brisket in the bottom of your slow cooker.
In a small bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, chili seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and lemon juice until evenly combined. Add the onions and stir again. Pour the mixture evenly out over the brisket.
Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours, or until the meat is fork tender and falling apart.
Carefully remove the beef from the slow cooker, and transfer to a plate, platter, or other dish. Let the beef rest for 5-7 minutes to cool some.
Use two forks to completely shred the meat. Return the shredded beef to the slow cooker, and stir it into the juices. Replace the lid and let the meat re-heat through.
Serve the meat piled high on the buns. We like to pair these sandwiches with corn on the cob and a fresh side salad.
- Lots of leftover brisket? Use it to top nachos or baked potatoes. You can even remake it into Smoked Brisket Chili.
- Want this hot and spicy? Add a sliced jalapeno to the slow cooker.
- Feel free to pile other toppings onto the sandwich. Cheese, coleslaw or even pickles would all be delicious.
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 399mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 62IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 3mg