Creamy Chicken Caesar & Wild Rice Casserole
A creamy chicken & rice style casserole, this one's got the veggies added in so it's a complete family-friendly meal all in one dish.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2-3 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 8 oz pkg sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 6 oz boxes long grain and wild rice
- 2 cups frozen french cut green beans, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups creamy Caesar dressing
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups garlic flavored croutons, crushed
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the mushrooms and onions. Continue stirring, occasionally, just until the veggies are tender.
Turn the heat off and quickly stir in the chicken, rice, beans, dressing, and cheese. Stir until everything's evenly incorporated.
Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Scoop the skillet mixture into the dish. Sprinkle the croutons evenly out over the top of the casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven, and let it 'rest' for 10 minutes before scooping and serving.