Smoked Saltine Crackers
Smoked Saltine crackers are perfectly spiced snacks you'll love. With a bold smoky, spicy flavor, you'll love this seasoned crackers recipe.
- 2 1 lb boxes saltine crackers plain version
- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packets Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet spicy Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
- 3 tbsp BBQ rub your favorite
Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT the crackers to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until the mixture's smooth.
Unwrap the crackers and divide them evenly between the two ziplocking bags.
Pour the mixture evenly out overtop both cracker filled bags. Seal tightly.
Lay the bags flat on a countertop. Turn the bags over every hour, and allow them to marinate at least 12 hours- they can marinate up to 24 hours.
Transfer the marinated crackers to a 9x13" disposable aluminum pan. Wrap the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
Smoke the crackers at 225° for 2 hours using the wood chips of your choice.
Serve the crackers warm, and enjoy!
- Make these spicier by using more spicy ranch dressing mix and less of the regular kind.
- To make them mild, omit the spicy ranch and replace it with regular ranch mix.
- Use your favorite store bought barbecue rub or make your own.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 24g | Trans Fat: 0.001g | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 5mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.02g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.4mg