Salt Potato Salad
Salt potato salad creates a creamy side dish with absolutely no mayonnaise! Make this updated take on the classic picnic recipe for your next barbecue or potluck.
- 6 cups cooled, chopped salt potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sherry
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped fresh herbs parsley/cilantro/basil- whatever combination you prefer
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4-5 strips bacon cooked crisp & crumbled
Melt the butter in a small skillet or soup pot.
To the melted butter, add the vinegar, sherry, and garlic. Whisk until combined.
Add the onions, herbs, and pepper- stirring to combine.
Add the potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over top, and gently toss just until everything's evenly combined.
Serve warm, topped with crisp bacon crumbles, and enjoy!
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, covered.
To reheat and serve- heat the now cold potato salad in a microwave safe dish for 2-3 minutes, just until the butter-based dressing has softened. Toss gently to re coat, and serve.
recipe adapted from Pastry Chef Online
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 187mg | Potassium: 728mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 670IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg