Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Pesto Soup
A creamy alfredo based chicken soup this version features chunks of chopped rotisserie chicken, soft pillow-y gnocchi dumplings, and an extra flavor boost from fresh green pesto sauce.
- 1 15 oz jar alfredo sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 16 oz pkg potato gnocchi
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 4 tsp basil pesto sauce
To a large pot add the sauce, broth, water, chicken, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Stir everything together to combine, and season the mixture with salt & pepper, to taste.
Turn the heat on to medium high, and bring the mixture to a boil- stirring occasionally.
Add the gnocchi and spinach to the pot, stirring to combine.
Turn the heat down to medium low, and let the soup simmer until the gnocchi are cooked- about 5-8 minutes.
Ladle the soup into bowls and top each one with a teaspoon of pesto just before serving.
- Use your favorite alfredo sauce for ultimate flavor.
- Feeding a crowd? Feel free to double or even triple this recipe.
- Either frozen or dry gnocchi will work in this soup. You can find the frozen kind near the frozen ravioli and the dry gnocchi in the pasta aisle.
- Don't overcook your gnocchi. You'll know it's done as soon as the gnocchi floats.
- Looking to really up the flavor? Use all chicken broth instead of mixing the chicken broth with water.
- Want a little spice? A pinch of red pepper will do the trick!
- As written this soup makes a small batch, perfect for supper- the recipe easily doubles or triples though to feed a larger crowd.
Calories: 623kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 1795mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2220IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 5mg