Chicken And Stuffing Stuffed Shells
Chicken and stuffing stuffed shells are a quick and easy comforting casserole perfect for a freezer meal. Featuring boxed stuffing mix, chopped rotisserie chicken, and pasta, smothered in a creamy sauce, it’s guaranteed to get the whole family gathered around the table for a filling meal.
- 2 boxes of chicken flavored stuffing cooked
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms sauteed (optional)
- 1 box of jumbo shells; cooked drained, and cooled
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook stuffing following package directions.
Add chicken breast, stirring to combine, and set aside.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray. Stuff shells with the stuffing mixture and place in prepared dish, open and facing down.
Heat the soup, milk and water in a sauce pan, stirring until evenly combined. Pour over top of the stuffed shells.
Bake 35 minutes.
Take out of oven and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Let sit 5 min before serving. Enjoy!
For Freezer Cooking:
Stop after step 3, except instead of putting the stuffed shells into a prepared baking sheet, place them on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Place sheet in freezer. When the shells are frozen, transfer them to a ziplocking bag. Store in your freezer. When ready to eat, thaw the shells and proceed from Step 3, this time placing them in the prepared dish
- Make sure to let the shells cool prior to filling them.
- This is an easy way to use up leftover stuffing and chicken.
- Don't like Swiss cheese? Substitute it for another cheese instead.
Calories: 739kcal | Carbohydrates: 120g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 2566mg | Potassium: 572mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 313IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 277mg | Iron: 6mg