Tomato Cracker Salad
An easy Southern appetizer, snack, or lunch- this 'salad' features garden fresh tomatoes, buttery crackers, and sliced green onions in a creamy mayo dressing- like a deconstructed tomato sandwich.
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, preferably fresh off the vine
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, coarsely broken
- 1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2-3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
To a medium sized mixing bowl, add the tomatoes & mayo. Gently stir, just until evenly incorporated and the tomatoes are well coated. Salt & pepper, to taste, but using much more pepper than salt.
Stir in the crackers & onions, again just until evenly incorporated. Serve right away, either as is or with lettuce leaves for wraps.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.2mg