Mexican Three Bean Salad
An easy veggie ladden bean salad, this one is tossed in a zesty, Summery vinaigrette making it a perfect supper side dish to any grilled meat, or a protein packed meatless meal or snack.
For The Bean Salad
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 oz can cannelloni beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 red bell pepper seeded & diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded & diced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed & drained
- 1 medium red onion, peeled & diced
For The Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- dash of hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To Make The Vinaigrette
In a smaller bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Use a wire whisk to whip together until evenly combined.
Pour the mixture over the veggies. Stir gently to completely coat.
Cover the bowl to seal. Refrigerate for an hour, or until chilled. Serve & enjoy!