Pepperoni Pizza Salad
A fresh, crisp salad that has the same flavors you love on a slice of pepperoni pizza- but healthier and without all the extra carbs.
For The Salad
- 8 oz pkg chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 6 oz pkg sliced pepperoni, halved or quartered
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, seeds removed & thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Italian seasoned croutons, for garnish
For The Italian-Style Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, washed, dried, and minced
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
To Make The Salad
Add all of the salad ingredients, except the croutons, to a large mixing bowl. Stirring to evenly toss.
Cover to seal, and chill for 1-2 hours.
To Make The Italian-Style Dressing
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar. Seal tightly with lid. Shake vigorously until the dressing's evenly combined.
Pour the dressing out over the salad, tossing to combine.
Serve the salad in bowls, topped with the Italian-seasoned croutons.