Italian Bruschetta Style Salsa
An easy fresh salsa with an Italian twist.
- 10-12 tomatoes, diced and deseeded
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 banana pepper, minced (optional)
- 1/3 green bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 3 oz red wine vinegar
- 2 oz water or tomato juice
- 1 packet Italian dressing seasoning, or to taste
- 4 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 leaves basil, chiffonade
Add all of the ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
Toss well until everything's evenly combined.
Refrigerate before serving, until the mixture's chilled through and the flavors have married, about 1-2 hours.
Serve with a freshly sliced baguette, crostini, or crackers.